Newbie Question TomTom Go 520 M2 2007   

Re: Newbie Question TomTom Go 520 M2 2007

Postby paulsco » Thu May 25, 2017 7:41 am

Hi Fred
I managed to get part one downloaded last night, I'll hopefully get the rest tonight and complete the task, just one more question for clarity.. when I've copied the entire contents of the internal drive over to the SD card (including the USA map) do I then run the TT with both drives containing TT operating systems? I don't delete anything from the internal drive once copied do I? I'm just wondering if how the TT will function with OS on both drives?

As for paying TT for the map not a chance I paid enough for the TT originally and I've always thought the updates should be free, but that's a gripe for another day, I'd rather donate ££ to this site for all the help I've received to assist with server costs etc than pay TT, anyway thanks very much for all the guidance and patience, I'll keep you posted as to how I get on with the final stage of the mission.
Cheers paulsco
paulsco offline

Postby fredderf » Thu May 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Yes, both drives can contain the OS at the same time and will have no effect on each other...try it out for yourself once you've finished downloading the USA map.

Another thing you should do is download & install the SpeedCam files, all of the instructions are on the page linked
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby holyhead » Thu May 25, 2017 5:46 pm

paulsco wrote:Hi Holyhead

I have done as suggested in your post I've put the UK map in the root along with the meta file he also linked to, I also put fast activate in there too, I ran fast activate from the root of the TT and selected both option 2 and 3 both came back as successful, upon rebooting the device i get as far as the sea screen and the TT turns off? honest I'm not daft really! lol

I have read it and you are not daft but I have not told you that updating to the latest navcore go,s in stages. So it means that after the first update it was lower then navcore 9.00x. The UK map needed a higher navcore and that is why it sticks at the sea screen.
Last edited by holyhead on Thu May 25, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby paulsco » Thu May 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Ok final update, happy to report that I now have 2 Uk maps showing in preferences (one on the SD and one on the device) and 1 USA map with all the speed cameras and voices installed too, so it looks like I'm good to go on my hols with a working TT, I can't thank you guys enough for all the help and patience showed over the last 30 odd posts, it's greatly appreciated. :023:
paulsco offline

Postby fredderf » Thu May 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Ok, good job Paul...you got there in the end.

Obviously you can remove one of the UK maps now (on the SD) if you so wish, which would leave the internal drive for the UK...and the SD for USA holidays? Or choose to leave well alone?
The point being that you now have the flexibility between both drives and can use them as you wish.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby paulsco » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:14 am

Just a wee update, I've returned from the USA and the TomTom worked faultlessly, many thanks again for all the help.
Cheers
paulsco
paulsco offline

Postby fredderf » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:47 am

That's nice to know, glad we could help
fredderf offline

Administrator

Previous

Return to General Discussions about TomTom