Primo 2.4-9.6.13 GPS Issues   

Primo 2.4-9.6.13 GPS Issues

Postby WonderboyUK » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I have made a couple of posts looking for some advice with my first nav installation but I thought it might be more helpful to other users if I concentrated all the issues I've experienced in one place.

After receiving my Chinese sat nav. Functionally its very good and once a couple of Chinese manufacturing issues had been overcome, it fits like a glove. I'm very pleased. It came with iGo8 on an SD card. Here's the unit:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ZESTECH-2-DIN-CAR-DVD-STEREO_1447649060.html

I am in the process of changing from iGO8 to iGO Primo Primo 2.4-9.6.13. I have downloaded the torrent and followed the instructions and all seems well up to a point. The application itself functions correctly apart from the application is unable to detect my GPS receiver. I have evaluated iGO8 fully and had no issues what so ever. That rules out a hardware issue. Next step was to trawl the net... lots of similar sounding issues but very few resolutions.

First change I made was to open my sys.txt file on the SD card. This was the standard stuff that came with the download and I have copied it below. I added the [GPS] info I extracted from my iGO8 .ini file to input a port and baudrate which I hoped would resolve the issue.

[gps]
port=2
baud=9600

[debug]
skip_eula=1
experimental_features=1

[interface]
show_exit=1
extra_settings=1

[other]
demo_enabled=0

[route]
hnr_ignored_missing_country_ids=*

[vr]
disabled=0

[gps]
set_messages=0
port="auto"
baud="auto"

On bootup I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas? I have not loaded any maps as yet although I have downloaded the HERE 2015 Q1 maps from the links on this site.

Next - onto maps. The process and instructions for installing are spot on. Thank you to the OP. What I cannot find is the files for the 3D maps. As far as I can tell they are all 2d and not 3dl file format etc. Where do I find the 3d buildings and landmarks?

The next bit that confuses me slightly is the voice element. What should I be going for here. The voice I want is a UK female who speaks normally (?!) and not like a robot. I want her to be able to speak road names but I'm confused as the files I have seem to indicate I can have a robot with street names or a more realistic voice without them. Is this the case?

Once I have these issues fixed I will be in a position to play around with skins and options etc. but I am not going anywhere near the nice to haves until I have a functioning application.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
WonderboyUK offline

Re: Primo 2.4-9.6.13 GPS Issues

Postby katastrofe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:59 am

Can the application not find the GPS module or has it found the GPS module, but can't detect satellites in an instant? First satellite fix could take some time.

About voices: You could start telling what torrent you downloaded. You expect answers that one should give blindly, esp about what voices and TTS engine is included in the torrent. If it is one from Vladcepesh, ask him.

About 3D files. not all files are published in the open. You could however download/load any other version 3D files (like TomTom files, or the HERE 2014Q4 or Q3 or ... ) and use them instead. Best not to mix the builds in the building folder.
Also do not expect seeing 3D buildings all over. You could see the Eifeltower in Paris and the Tower in London, or the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin.
When you however mean 3D view of the map (birds perspective), you should change it in settings.
The HERE maps do need extra licenses, by the way, or they won't be recognized.
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby WonderboyUK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:10 am

Thanks for the reply.

The unit just reads "Auto detecting gps receiver" I have copied the port and baud from my old igo8 settings as shown above.

Will check on torrent when I get to my PC.

I am now to this and didn't realise you could use 3d landmarks from other vendors. I will find and install these later today.

Can you provide any more info about the licenses. I found the maps on the HERE 2015 posted by studzina and will use the forum guide to add the files to the correct folders in Primo. Is there an additional step?
WonderboyUK offline

Postby WonderboyUK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:20 am

Just had confirmation from the manufacturer that the port/baud is correct
WonderboyUK offline

Postby katastrofe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:15 am

On gps : post37031.html#p37031
Licenses: can't do at this moment.
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby WonderboyUK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:18 am

Thanks. I read that post yesterday.

As above I have received confirmation from the manufacturer of the com port and the baudrate which matches the configuration igo8 was successfully running.

No joy.
WonderboyUK offline

Postby WonderboyUK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:20 pm

SOLVED

I added the port and baud rate to the system.ini file for good measure and it connected within a few seconds.

Can really explain why I did it or what it did but it worked.

Next up... DEM and 3d buildings etc...

Anyone got links?
WonderboyUK offline

Postby WonderboyUK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:21 pm

DONE

Got files from a more active forum.
WonderboyUK offline

Postby Qroozn » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:29 am

RE: SOLVED.
FYI - I have similar unit and it can take up to an hour or so for the system to initially pick up a GPS signal (even if you have typed in the correct PORT and BAUD). It is hard to find anything published about this issue. But it looks like TIME was the solution.
Qroozn offline

Postby upss » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:04 am

@Qroozn, "Time" has nothing to do with it. It sounds like your satellite reception is very marginal. Check your antenna, make sure it is ON the dashboard and not buried somewhere. Check the satellites signal strength, you should typically see a minimum of 6 satellites with half to three quarter bar heights. If your car is NOT in motion, typically you should have a lock within about 30 seconds, if your car is in motion, it may take several minutes to get a lock.
upss offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core