Issues with various versions of Primo 2 posted on here.   

Issues with various versions of Primo 2 posted on here.

Postby archercj » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:19 am

Firstly, once agaion, a big thank you to everyone that contributes to posting newer vesion of Primo 2. Here are my observations to date:

My base configuration is based upon Yurbuh Tuggly's post iGo Primo 2.0 Build 9.6.5.211211 (Dec 07 2011)-Torrent . It works great and I have been using this for several months. I have added UK maps and modified it for the UK i.e. MPH etc.

The only issue I have is that the speeds that are displayed when it alerts of speed cameras are slightly out i..e it might save 39 when it should have been 40.

So I applied the modificatiosn found in hossits post Primo 2.1 WINCE 6 (UK). This fixes the incorrect speed display BUT stops the altitude working (it works fine in YT's version). So I have reverted back to YT.

Just recently Paleskin has released a version in the thread [multi] iGO Primo v2.1 (BUILD 9.6.5.245577) wince 5/6. Applied this (tried two ways - direclty copying over YT's and also starting again from scratch and adding maps etc). Firstly the default interface and screen layout for this looks awesome. Now the bad news. The map screen gets displayed BUT it sticks on 'trying to find a GPS'. It never does find it. I have pinpointed something in the SAVE folder, probably in system.ini but despite making changes based on the YT system.ini (that works fine) I can't get this to work. Like I say a shame because I love the front end scheme.
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:38 am

archercj wrote:I have pinpointed something in the SAVE folder

Whenever you switch around EXE's, data.zips, branding.zips, some skins, or any other core component, you almost always need to delete the Save folder and go through setup all over again. Settings retained from one version, may not work correctly in another. Also, whatever is in the 'competing' sys.txt files may conflict with settings retained in the Save folder...system.ini. It is almost never a good idea to edit system.ini directly as it is a dynamic file that takes settings from other files and components. If, in any version used, Primo cannot find the GPS signals, it is almost always something in sys.txt or the Save folder that causes this. Primo (2) is very good at determining the correct settings on it's own.
The default screen layout for any "9.6.5xxx" version is exactly the same as any other, so I don't know what you mean by this:

archercj wrote:default interface and screen layout for this looks awesome

The only things that affect the look/layout are any skins or schemes applied or sometimes if a data.zip or branding.zip (some branding.zip files are actually skins..that's the old way of applying a skin) has been customized. Also a ui_igo9 or ux folder present in the file structure can alter a look (another way of skinning). Same with a GFX folder.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby archercj » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:26 am

cheers YT.

When i removed the SAVE folder I lost the new skin/layout of the 'awesome' layout and it doesn't want to play ball when trying to reselect it.

When you look at a file comparison of the Paleskin version files like DATA.ZIP have changed. But there isn't a BRANDING.ZIP.
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 am

archercj wrote:When i removed the SAVE folder I lost the new skin/layout of the 'awesome' layout and it doesn't want to play ball when trying to reselect it.

Then something else is missing, or whatever it was was set in the Save folder before the switch. The Save folder is created on first startup, and any 'new' setup should come without one (from device to device a Save folder no longer may apply at all).
Branding.zip is not even really required for Primo any more (same with sys.txt on some devices unless you want specific settings enabled/disabled), and usually...unless it has been customized..only includes a few lines of text that may show up in a Help/About screen.
Data.zip can be specific to particular releases as they may have been customized by the OEM specifically how they originally wanted things to work/look on their device. But the core of Primo 2 is the same. So far.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby archercj » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 pm

I've managed to get the 'awesome' front end to work. Still YT's system but it uses the Zozo skin.

Really like the map layout. Worth checking out
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:29 pm

There are LOTS of skins (and schemes) available for Primo2 now. Some variations of others with added features or cosmetic differences.
It's all a matter of personal choice and the functionality you prefer. I have tried them all (I think) and have my favorite(s) too.
Some require additional files/folders, and some are simply the *.zip file put in the skin folder under ..\content.
Glad you got what you wanted!
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby archercj » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:33 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:There are LOTS of skins (and schemes) available for Primo2 now. Some variations of others with added features or cosmetic differences.
It's all a matter of personal choice and the functionality you prefer. I have tried them all (I think) and have my favorite(s) too.
Some require additional files/folders, and some are simply the *.zip file put in the skin folder under ..\content.
Glad you got what you wanted!

Cheers YT. Only issue I have with the ZoZo skin is that the default display is from quite far away unlike something like Dimka. Is there a quick tweak. There are a heck of a lot of options regards viewing and miles away etc etc
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 am

archercj wrote:default display is from quite far away unlike something like Dimka

Don't know exactly what you mean by that. Do you mean the map view is too zoomed out?
Or do you mean things like POIs are showing too soon from where they actually are?
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby archercj » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:19 am

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:Don't know exactly what you mean by that. Do you mean the map view is too zoomed out?
Or do you mean things like POIs are showing too soon from where they actually are?

The map view is too zoomed out.
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:29 am

1) It may depend if you are in 2D or 3D view.
2) Have you tried adjusting the 'main' zoom settings in Settings>Map Settings>...Viewpoint..and/or User Zoom Settings?

Some skins may also have their own settings for such things...I am not that familiar with the skin you are using. As said, I probably tried them all at one time or another, but sometimes only for a minute or two. If the TTS Pro settings were not how I like, I switched to something else pretty quick.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby archercj » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:1) It may depend if you are in 2D or 3D view.
2) Have you tried adjusting the 'main' zoom settings in Settings>Map Settings>...Viewpoint..and/or User Zoom Settings?

Some skins may also have their own settings for such things...I am not that familiar with the skin you are using. As said, I probably tried them all at one time or another, but sometimes only for a minute or two. If the TTS Pro settings were not how I like, I switched to something else pretty quick.

Will have a play with these settings.

What I like about this layout is the little trip computer window, the speed in large format to left of the screen and the altitude/disatnce etc to the left.

It also has an information bar at the moment which is fine (and can be removed) but annoyingly displays a battery icon which I don't need and also the number of satellites fixed to as well. Can these be removed only by modifying the skin itself.
archercj offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:09 pm

archercj wrote:Can these be removed only by modifying the skin itself.

If there is no option within the Skin Settings to add/remove individual icons or components of a "Bar", then yes, you would have to modify/edit the skin files themselves. But this may involve screen x-y coordinates also. If you just remove the component or graphic file, you may end up with an odd blank space.
Y.T.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core