tomtom start - n00b help maps etc.   

tomtom start - n00b help maps etc.

Postby Bootech » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:30 pm

[color="#FF8C00"][/color][color="#FF8C00"][/color][color="#FF8C00"][/color][color="#FF8C00"][/color][color="#FF8C00"][color="#FF8C00"][/color][/color]Hi,

I stumbled across your site after hours and hours of trying to get a "tomtom Start" working, no matter what I done I couldn't get the unit to work, I had tried the reset and format etc. of the memory and stuff and tried in vain to get it to work, how ever, I've managed to get it to work now by installing some files that were on the net. 9.057.xabcd.CAB-navcore-START, deleted the old ones off and then installed them and the unit now powers up. ;)

The reason that I'm here for is the dreaded "no maps found"

So I have been having a read about the forums and see that it's possible to activate them (just downloaded the FastActivate-14-10-2013) but my question is what map do I go for.....there's loads and loads to choose from (UK here)

...and I was wondering, what would be the best course of action for this unit, leave the TT on it and download a map or is there anything else to do before I try and do that. (is there any other software that you'd recommend me putting on are is it TT all the way)

Thanks in advance.

(Hmmm well I downloaded United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_915_5076 and the self installing exe and when it boots it says "you can't use this map on this device)

All sorted guys, just took a little bit of reading. (run the fastactivate)

Thanks so much...!
Bootech offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom