n00b with minor questions   

n00b with minor questions

Postby dreamcasting » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Hey everyone,

Thanks for running such a great community - I'm excited to learn some of the tools of the trade around here and help out! A donation is coming soon. Anyway, I have a TomTom XL 330S, which I have successfully patched to run the newest US_and_Canada map 865.3262 (version number determined for the map through the TomTom HOME map download tool). The map works great and my favorites are back but I have a few questions. (Note: I used FastActivate Premium to patch my unit.)

1. I have the Eddie Izzard voice files and now the unit will not use the voice, despite reinstalling the files to the unit. How can I get this back?
  2. TomTom HOME now lists my unit as a TomTom ONE XL in certain places in the software. As far as I know the XL and ONE XL are different, so is this just a result of the patched navcore? (8.010)
  3. The unit indicates it can do ALG and IQ routes out of the box. I believe I can see the IQ routes, as indicated by the unit analyzing many roads before writing the route, and the unit does verbally indicate what lane to take, but I do not get the image of an intersection and each lane. Is this a function of newer navcores or a better map or both? (Sorry, I've tried figuring this one out and just am confusing myself.)

Thanks in advance for your help!
dreamcasting offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:17 pm

dreamcasting wrote:Hey everyone,

Thanks for running such a great community - I'm excited to learn some of the tools of the trade around here and help out! A donation is coming soon. Anyway, I have a TomTom XL 330S, which I have successfully patched to run the newest US_and_Canada map 865.3262 (version number determined for the map through the TomTom HOME map download tool). The map works great and my favorites are back but I have a few questions. (Note: I used FastActivate Premium to patch my unit.)

1. I have the Eddie Izzard voice files and now the unit will not use the voice, despite reinstalling the files to the unit. How can I get this back?
  2. TomTom HOME now lists my unit as a TomTom ONE XL in certain places in the software. As far as I know the XL and ONE XL are different, so is this just a result of the patched navcore? (8.010)
  3. The unit indicates it can do ALG and IQ routes out of the box. I believe I can see the IQ routes, as indicated by the unit analyzing many roads before writing the route, and the unit does verbally indicate what lane to take, but I do not get the image of an intersection and each lane. Is this a function of newer navcores or a better map or both? (Sorry, I've tried figuring this one out and just am confusing myself.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. See answer 2 below.
2. Did you upgrade to 8010? If yes, where did you get it. Was it pre-patched or did you patch it?
3. 3262 doesn't have ALG & IQ. There is not a US map, of any kind that has ALG & IQ, that will fit on your device.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dreamcasting » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:38 pm

I did not upgrade to 8010 on the device. It came as such. I patched the device myself.

Thanks for the info on the map data. I thought that was the case and wanted to be sure.
dreamcasting offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom