Seat Portable System instructions   

Tools, Tutorials, manuals and help about Navigon Devices is here.

Seat Portable System instructions

Postby SpendersEspadrilles » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi all, sorry to be dense but I just can't work out what I need to keep and what to update to give me the latest maps on my Navigon Seat Portable System. Does anyone have a step by step idiots guide? Thank you in advance :)
SpendersEspadrilles offline

Re: Seat Portable System instructions

Postby SpendersEspadrilles » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:49 am

I've had a good search on the forum and massive thanks to jack9110t who posted step by step instructions of how to do it here:

http://www.navitotal.com/maps-for-navigon-f93/navigon-europe-2015-fresh-maps-mn7-mn8-t18070.html#p146953

Just in case the link doesn't work, here's the guide - I've just done it and it's worked for me :)

"Hi,
since maps + more has not got enough memory for newest maps it is necessary to remove some files from the navigon in order to update correctly.
You have to follow those steps if you want to update your navigator:
1- Connect your Maps + more to a Windows computer, since Mac are non supported unfortunately by this device, and browse to NAVIGON folder
2- In NAVIGON folder go to map and delete all the files in it but not the folder
3- Go back to navigon folder and if you have a VW delete the folder skin_SEAT and skin_SKODA otherwise delete all the folders that are not those of your car brand
4- Remain in NAVIGON folder and open sounds folder: here you can delete all the .nfs files that are not those of your language. Be careful it is very importante to not delete .bin files in that folder otherwise you will no more able to use navigation
5- Go back to map folder and copy all the files that you want from the recents that you have downloaded. in particular you have to copy the maps .map and all the data files you found in the download where the extensions are .nfs
So copy .map (that you find in map folder) and all the .nfs (that you find in data folder) in NAVIGON/map
Now you can enjoy your updated maps+more :023:"
SpendersEspadrilles offline

Re: Seat Portable System Help

Postby Ezekiel » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to update a Garmin seat PID maps according to the following instructions:
tools-tutorials/seat-portable-system-instructions-t20415.html

I managed to update some of the maps however they are not available upon reboot.
The country does not appear in the list anymore.
I guess the device has now a protected firmware?
Any advice on how to proceed?

I was not able to find a HWID for the device but here is some info from NAVIGON/version.xml
<software>
<version>7.16.9</version>
<build>314</build>
<brand>NAVIGON_EU</brand>
<platform>SEAT_PID_V2</platform>
<copyright>Garmin Würzburg GmbH, Copyright (c) 2014</copyright>
<productprefix>N7</productprefix>
<style>SEAT</style>
Ezekiel offline

Return to Tools & Tutorials