City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949   

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby GarmanNuvi » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:06 pm

Galane wrote:
GarmanNuvi wrote:
Galane wrote:Is there a way to split this up so parts of it can be used on a Street Pilot c330?

Post #1 has 5 options under the 2Gb limit for an SD card compatible with the StreetPilot c300 series or use Mapsource/Basecamp to create a custom map set under 2Gb yourself.


First thing, it was difficult to find GMapTool and the pro version of cGPSmapper to split the img file for mapsource. I found directions for using it but it doesn't properly create the preview image. The preview shows a dot with a line going up vertically and Gmaptool preview to the right of the dot. I put in 9949 for the FID and checked the box to make the preview image.

Use Mapsoure or Basecamp to create a custom size map of the area you want, the gmap folder for North America NT 2024.10 in post #1 is Unlocked
What would be nice is to commission a run of a few thousand 4 gig SDSC cards, like the ones made for a brief time before the SDHC standard was finalized. Since the group managing the SD card standard was dragging its feet on capacities over 2 gig some companies got the idea to make 4 gig cards by using the same format as 2 gig but with double the block size. Pretty much the instant the SDHC standard was finalized, manufacture of 4 gig SDSC ended.
Those cards have become very difficult to find but they do work in many older GPS, cameras and other devices that normally can't use more than a 2 gig SD card.

Used cards are the way to go
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 1760
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 3651 times

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby Galane » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:34 pm

GarmanNuvi wrote:Use Mapsoure or Basecamp to create a custom size map of the area you want, the gmap folder for North America NT 2024.10 in post #1 is Unlocked


I TRIED THAT. I see no where for Mapsource to work with .img files. So I found directions and the software to split up the IMG file to work with Mapsource. IT FAILED TO WORK PROPERLY.

I have tried to find a copy of the basecamp software but no luck.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
Galane offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 5:17 am
Posts: 50
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:11 am

Galane wrote:
GarmanNuvi wrote:Use Mapsoure or Basecamp to create a custom size map of the area you want, the gmap folder for North America NT 2024.10 in post #1 is Unlocked

I TRIED THAT. I see no where for Mapsource to work with .img files. So I found directions and the software to split up the IMG file to work with Mapsource. IT FAILED TO WORK PROPERLY.

Download the Gmap folder Unlocked For PC with MSI installer from Post #1 Install to C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps.
You don't have any maps installed & MapSource does not work with gmapsupp/gampprom.img files for a device.
[Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 1760
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 3651 times

Any way to replace C330 internal maps?

Postby Galane » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:20 am

Is there any way to replace the very outdated maps in internal storage of a StreetPilot C330 with partial current map of the continental US and the rest of the continental US on the SD card?

BaseCamp says it has US, Europe and Taiwan maps in it. The device itself only shows US.
Galane offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 5:17 am
Posts: 50
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:37 pm

Galane wrote:Is there any way to replace the very outdated maps in internal storage of a StreetPilot C330 with partial current map of the continental US and the rest of the continental US on the SD card?

BaseCamp says it has US, Europe and Taiwan maps in it. The device itself only shows US.

Please stop creating "New Threads" & keep a track on your own posts ,this has been answered above.
Your original maps are a fraction of the size of the current maps & your device memory will only be able to store a custom map set created by BaseCamp or Mapsource once you have install the gmapfolder ,there are map set in this thread suitable to go on the maximum size SD card compatible with old devices.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 1760
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 3651 times

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby Galane » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:30 am

It won't overwrite the maps in the internal storage. If it would then it should be possible to split the lower 48 States between internal and the SD.
Galane offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 5:17 am
Posts: 50
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby GarmanNuvi » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:51 am

Galane wrote:It won't overwrite the maps in the internal storage. If it would then it should be possible to split the lower 48 States between internal and the SD.

It? MapSource won't overwrite because it names the custom map set gmapsupp.img & the Pre installed map set is named gmapprom.img, you have to delete the old map & rename the new one to gmapprom.img, more important is before you create a custom map set make sure it will fit on the internal storage, I don't own this 18 year old device ,but I'm pretty sure it has less than the 2Gb needed. I would just choose one of the options or create a custom map set less than 2Gb and use the SD card only.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 1760
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 3651 times

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby Roundabout71 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:20 pm

Hi, I'm new here and have been reading and trying to understand which files I need for my Garmin 1390T, I'm a bit unclear on which exact files my device supports. I'd really appreciate some help if you can - there's so many different files and I don't know (other than the obvious ones under my device number) which to use. Thanks so much in advance!
Roundabout71 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:24 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby GarmanNuvi » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:51 am

Roundabout71 wrote:Hi, I'm new here and have been reading and trying to understand which files I need for my Garmin 1390T, I'm a bit unclear on which exact files my device supports. I'd really appreciate some help if you can - there's so many different files and I don't know (other than the obvious ones under my device number) which to use. Thanks so much in advance!

Fortunately your device is simple to update, the internal storage will most probably be too small for the latest maps ,so I recommend you use a FAT32 formatted SD card 8Gb>32Gb if you want the whole of N.America.
Download.
US(gmapsupp).rar
Canada & Mexico(D9644040A).rar
Canada & Mexico(480x270)D9678020A.rar
US (480x270)D9677020A.rar

Device:
\.System\gmapprom.img (pre installed original City Navigator map)Delete to remove from Maps list.
\.System\JCV\*.jcv

SD-Card:
\Map\gmapsupp.img
\Map\D9644040A.img
\Garmin\JCV\D9677020A.jcv
\Garmin\JCV\D9678020A.jcv
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 1760
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 3651 times

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby Roundabout71 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:29 am

Thank you so much! You made it much simpler for me. With so many models and files, it's hard to figure it all out. :023:
Roundabout71 offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:24 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby chiggleryoop » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:20 am

Hi, would anyone be able to explain the difference between ASR 1 and 2? Which is appropriate for a drivesmart 70? Similarly, can anyone advise whether I should be using the photoreal JCV or the older nuvi/Drive version provided? Thank you, this website is such an amazing source of information I'm really grateful!
chiggleryoop offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby GarmanNuvi » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:19 pm

chiggleryoop wrote:Hi, would anyone be able to explain the difference between ASR 1 and 2? Which is appropriate for a drivesmart 70? Similarly, can anyone advise whether I should be using the photoreal JCV or the older nuvi/Drive version provided? Thank you, this website is such an amazing source of information I'm really grateful!

You will have to Patch your Device first to use Unlocked maps.
ASR 1 is for older devices.
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Use photoReal JCV files
[Please Register or Login to download file]
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 1760
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 3651 times

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby chiggleryoop » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:36 am

Thanks, the device is patched so its good to go and thank you for the advice on JCV; that seems to be working well. So how can I be sure whether I use ASR1 or 2? Because I'm outside of the US right now, I'm finding it hard to test speech recognition. Even in simulated mode, if I set myself theoretically in an American location, set all the language settings to American English, and then try to use speech recognition to set a destination, it tells me that I can't do that verbally because that service isn't available in my country for America. I can't tell if that's because the files are wrong or because I'm outside the country; perhaps I might not be able to test out speech recognition until I physically arrive in the USA and it switches region settings. It would be nice to know in advance if it's correct: how do I use your ASR photo to check which version is right for my model? Or if I put both the ASR 1 and 2 in the same folder on the SD card of the device, will that cause a problem?
chiggleryoop offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:44 pm

chiggleryoop wrote:Thanks, the device is patched so its good to go and thank you for the advice on JCV; that seems to be working well. So how can I be sure whether I use ASR1 or 2? Because I'm outside of the US right now, I'm finding it hard to test speech recognition. Even in simulated mode, if I set myself theoretically in an American location, set all the language settings to American English, and then try to use speech recognition to set a destination, it tells me that I can't do that verbally because that service isn't available in my country for America. I can't tell if that's because the files are wrong or because I'm outside the country; perhaps I might not be able to test out speech recognition until I physically arrive in the USA and it switches region settings. It would be nice to know in advance if it's correct

First use Garmin Express and install English voices to your device.
[Please Register or Login to download file]
The best way to test is to use simulation and reset your Locale this resets everything so back up your favourites with Garmin Express.
[Please Register or Login to download file]
how do I use your ASR photo to check which version is right for my model? Or if I put both the ASR 1 and 2 in the same folder on the SD card of the device, will that cause a problem?

Check your garmindevice.xml it shows ASR or ASR 2 as per the picture above
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline


User avatar Moderator



 
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 am
Posts: 1760
Location: On the move
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 3651 times

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby grodinj » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:33 pm

I was able to install the CityNavigatorNorthAmericaNT2024.10Update. When I open BaseCamp, I see all the missing detail for Mexico that I couldn't see before. I transferred the map to my Drive52 and on power up it says that "Maps are corrupt and cannot be used. Got to garmin.com/express to download the latest maps".

If I "View Map" on the GPS unit, none of the Mexico detail is there. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Justin
grodinj offline


Junior Member



 
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:31 pm
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to New Maps

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EtrexUser and 5 guests