City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949   

City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:38 am

City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 Unlocked
North America data has now exceeded 4 GB so split into US All & Canada & Mexico files.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Regional maps

Coverage
Full Coverage of North America
US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Bahamas (New Providence Island and Grand Bahama), French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy, and Jamaica.

Canada & Border States
Includes Canada and the following US states: Alaska, Idaho, Illinois (top portion), Indiana (top portion), Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York (with the exception of New York City), North Dakota, Ohio (top portion), Pennsylvania (with the exception of Philadelphia), Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin.

US & Canada
US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Bahamas (New Providence Island and Grand Bahama), French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy, and Jamaica.

East US & Canada
Includes the following US states: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Includes the following Canadian provinces: Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Nunavut (Southern portion), Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec.
Includes the following countries and territories: Bahamas (New Providence Island and Grand Bahama), Cayman Islands, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Jamaica, Martinique, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, US Virgin Islands.

West US & Canada
Includes the following US states: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Includes the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, and Yukon.

Lower 49 States NE
Includes the following US states: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Includes the following countries and territories: Bahamas (New Providence Island and Grand Bahama), Cayman Islands, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Martinique, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, and US Virgin Islands.

Lower 49 States NW
Includes the following US states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

Lower 49 States SE
Includes the following US states: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia.
Includes the following countries and territories: Bahamas (New Providence Island and Grand Bahama), Cayman Islands, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Martinique, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, and US Virgin Islands.

Lower 49 States SW
Includes the following US states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Southern US & Mexico
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Oklahoma, Carolina South & North, Georgia ,Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Oklahoma.
Cayman islands, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Mexico, Puerto Rico
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby xingmang » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:05 pm

Greetings..

Thanks for the 2024.10 maps, appreciate that.

I did download them (for my Montana 650t) on SD card to below folders

SD:/Garmin/gmapsupp.img
SD:/Garmin/D9644040A.img
SD:/Garmin/ASR/
SD:/Garmin/gmap3d.img
SD:/Garmin/Map/D4919270A.img, D6460200A.img, D7321000A.img
SD:/Garmin/SID/
SD:/Garmin/SQLite/
SD:/Garmin/JCV/

For some reason, GPS shows 'Can't Unlock Map' message on power-on. When I remove Canada & Mexico maps from Garmin folder and place it in a SD:/Temp folder, that message goes away on the next power-on process.

Does that mean the Canada map has some issues? Or did I do anything wrong.. appreciate your help!!

thank you!
xingmang offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:21 pm

xingmang wrote:Greetings.. Thanks for the 2024.10 maps, appreciate that.

For some reason, GPS shows 'Can't Unlock Map' message on power-on. When I remove Canada & Mexico maps from Garmin folder and place it in a SD:/Temp folder, that message goes away on the next power-on process.
Does that mean the Canada map has some issues? Or did I do anything wrong.. appreciate your help!!
thank you!

Your device does not have the same functions as an Auto device so you won't need these
SD:/Garmin/ASR/
SD:/Garmin/gmap3d.img
SD:/Garmin/Map/D4919270A.img, D6460200A.img, D7321000A.img
SD:/Garmin/SID/
SD:/Garmin/JCV/

Use https://www.navitotal.com/software/garmin-image-unlock-gimgunlock-t9369.html?hilit=gimgun as it got missed. I uploaded it again Unlocked. :015:
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby jluizaf » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:12 pm

Hi...which JCV file to Drivesmart 61 ?
jluizaf offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:23 pm

jluizaf wrote:Hi...which JCV file to Drivesmart 61 ?

PhotoReal JCV.rar is used by most modern devices now.
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

CN North America NT 2024.10 on Gamin Legend

Postby GarminDrag » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:53 am

Thank you for your reply.
post187768.html?hilit=legend#p187768

I reply a little bit late as I did not want to bother you regarding this issue of streets Not showing properly on older hand-held units (Legend...).
With new NA map available (2024.10) is there a way to get it properly installed on my Gamin Legend? I do have Nuvi with lifetime updates so downloading/installing new map on Nuvi is not a problem. I still use (or better to say - used to use) MapSource (cracked) to upload map to my Legend.

Is there a Better way than using Mapsource?
Is there a way to crack downloaded map with Garmin Express so it will be installed on Legend?

I would appreciate your support!
GarminDrag
GarminDrag offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:08 am

GarminDrag wrote:Thank you for your reply.
post187768.html?hilit=legend#p187768
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:26 pm

I reply a little bit late as I did not want to bother you regarding this issue of streets Not showing properly on older hand-held units (Legend...).
With new NA map available (2024.10) is there a way to get it properly installed on my Gamin Legend? I do have Nuvi with lifetime updates so downloading/installing new map on Nuvi is not a problem. I still use (or better to say - used to use) MapSource (cracked) to upload map to my Legend.

Is there a Better way than using Mapsource?

Download the unlocked appropriate map set for your use from here or continue using MapSource it's just a personal choice

Is there a way to crack downloaded map with Garmin Express so it will be installed on Legend?

software/garmin-image-unlock-gimgunlock-t9369.html?hilit=gimgun
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby Sleepyd1 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:35 am

so for a gpsmap 66s, just copy
SD:/Garmin/gmapsupp.img
SD:/Garmin/D9644040A.img

install the card and go?
Sleepyd1 offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:59 am

Sleepyd1 wrote:so for a gpsmap 66s, just copy
SD:\Garmin\gmapsupp.img
SD:\Garmin\D9644040A.img
install the card and go?

Welcome to the forum.
Your GPSMAP 66s is a newer device so will need to be Patched to use Unlocked maps
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby Majic » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:51 pm

I am unable to install using the MSI installer on my PC.
I have downloaded 3 times; and tried to install more than several times now. Each attempt stops with the same error message -
"Error reading from file: C:\For_PC\City_Navigator_North_America_NT_2024.10.gmap\Product1\00851793\I1D500F0.GMP. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."
The file is present, (although there is no Directory structure or Product1 Directory - the files are all in the one For_PC directory. I am able to right-click on the file and select Properties, not sure how else to check it. But it appears okay.
I duplicated the Directory/file structure from CNNANT 2023.10 (my previous version) except for creating all the folders in the Product1 directory. (235 GMP files that need to be placed in different numbered folders). I simply copied all the GMP files into the Product1 Directory. Mapsource recognized the Map product, but when opened it contained no detail.
Is there a gmap version I can download for the PC or can you help me to install using the MSI installer?
I am using WinRar 6.21 (64bit) on Windows 10 Enterprise Ver. 10.0.19045
Thanks
Majic offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:29 am

Majic wrote:I am unable to install using the MSI installer on my PC.
Is there a gmap version I can download for the PC or can you help me to install using the MSI installer?
Thanks

MSI works for me, unpack the archive first then run the Installer, change to C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps
The gmap folder is included in the WinRar archive, just unpack it and copy it to C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps that's all the MS installer does.
[Please Register or Login to download file]
C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby Majic » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:32 pm

Turns out it was MY fault. So sorry.
There is a switch in WinRar regarding File Paths. Mine was set to "Do Not Extract Paths".
Your posted image was the clue I needed to realize it wasn't unpacking properly. I now have my gmap Folder.
Thank you for your assistance and for your Posts. :023:
Majic offline

Postby Galane » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:42 am

Is there a way to split this up so parts of it can be used on a Street Pilot c330?
Galane offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:38 am

Galane wrote:Is there a way to split this up so parts of it can be used on a Street Pilot c330?

Post #1 has 5 options under the 2Gb limit for an SD card compatible with the StreetPilot c300 series or use Mapsource/Basecamp to create a custom map set under 2Gb yourself.
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby Galane » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:22 am

GarmanNuvi wrote:
Galane wrote:Is there a way to split this up so parts of it can be used on a Street Pilot c330?

Post #1 has 5 options under the 2Gb limit for an SD card compatible with the StreetPilot c300 series or use Mapsource/Basecamp to create a custom map set under 2Gb yourself.

First thing, it was difficult to find GMapTool and the pro version of cGPSmapper to split the img file for mapsource. I found directions for using it but it doesn't properly create the preview image. The preview shows a dot with a line going up vertically and Gmaptool preview to the right of the dot. I put in 9949 for the FID and checked the box to make the preview image.

What would be nice is to commission a run of a few thousand 4 gig SDSC cards, like the ones made for a brief time before the SDHC standard was finalized. Since the group managing the SD card standard was dragging its feet on capacities over 2 gig some companies got the idea to make 4 gig cards by using the same format as 2 gig but with double the block size. Pretty much the instant the SDHC standard was finalized, manufacture of 4 gig SDSC ended.
Those cards have become very difficult to find but they do work in many older GPS, cameras and other devices that normally can't use more than a 2 gig SD card.
Galane offline

Next

Return to New Maps