Mapsource and unlocked City Navigator Europe NT 2013.41.gmap   

Mapsource and unlocked City Navigator Europe NT 2013.41.gmap

Postby reader45 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi I have installed mapsource and copied over the .exe downloaded from here and have it running on a win7 pc i have copied the City Navigator Europe NT 2013.41.gmap folder that i have downloaded from here also and put in appdata/garmin/maps as directed by one of the tutorials.

whilst there are 1066 files and a few directories, mapsource will not open any files ?

when i startup mapsource i assume i click file\open it then wants me to browse to the directory i just copied but the options are to open a .gdb .mps .gpx .tcx .loc file there dont appear to be any of those files in the gmap folder.

i am missing something probably quite obvious but i cant see it.

any pointers gratefully received.
reader45 offline

Postby Confused » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:25 pm

reader45 wrote:Hi I have installed mapsource and copied over the .exe downloaded from here and have it running on a win7 pc i have copied the City Navigator Europe NT 2013.41.gmap folder that i have downloaded from here also and put in appdata/garmin/maps ?? as directed by one of the tutorials.

whilst there are 1066 files and a few directories, mapsource will not open any files ?

when i startup mapsource i assume i click file\open it then wants me to browse to the directory i just copied but the options are to open a .gdb .mps .gpx .tcx .loc file there dont appear to be any of those files in the gmap folder.

i am missing something probably quite obvious but i cant see it.

any pointers gratefully received.

I Think you have the gmap folder in the wrong place....

(in Vista, Windows 7 - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\Maps)
so it will be seen by Mapsource

When you open Mapsource it should automatically find your map based on where you placed the gmap folder. No browsing is necessary.

Under the "View" menu, try choosing "Switch to product" and see if your map is showing up for selection

You can also try under "Utilities" choose "Manage Map Products" and you should see you map listed with a status of "Not Lockable"

If your map is not showing up, Mapsource is not automatically listing the map, gmap folder is usually in the wrong place.
Confused offline

Postby reader45 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Thanks Confused

I have got that bit sorted now, am not sure why it didn't work originally as i had the maps in that directory, i installed the training centre to see what that did and after that I re-opened mapsource and map was there.

So now i need to read about unlocking maps and saving as .img :-) perhaps "speak" to you again when i get stuck.
reader45 offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin