Tom Tom XXL Display Slightly off centre [Solved]   

Tom Tom XXL Display Slightly off centre [Solved]

Postby shorty109 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:22 pm

Bought a TT XXL with a broken screen from eBay. Dismantled ready to replace the display. Broken screen dumped before taking the version number (Wife swears it wasn't her :021: ) Used a display from a working XXL (A050FW02) and seemed to work ok. Bought a replacement from eBay.The replacement display is now slightly off centre and down. Approx 3mm on the left and 2mm at the top of the display are black. All the function icons are active (bonus). Is there any way that I can get the display to the correct position? Thanks in advance for any advice.
shorty109 offline

Re: Tom Tom XXL Display Slightly off centre

Postby tendriver » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:48 pm

shorty109 wrote:Is there any way that I can get the display to the correct position?

Yes.
tutorials-f80/touchscreen-calibration-t10957.html
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:36 pm

I think he means the actual screen and not the touchscreen.
If so there is little that can be done as this would depend on the display driver and display working together correctly.
There are 2 or 3 similar screens available but only the only wich matches the original code will work 100%
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby shorty109 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks for your quick replies. After getting the TT XXL to display the settings screen (77 948 142 878 etc etc) I was going to attempt the tutorial. Got the TT drums on reboot and hey presto the screen display has corrected itself? Maybe with the reboot the unit recognised the new display screen?????? Haven't got a clue how it sorted itself out but now have display in correct alignment. Happy days. Keep up the good work Downunder and tendriver, many thanks. :victorious:
shorty109 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:55 am

Thanx for the update. Enjoy!!

:thread_solved:
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom