No voice prompts Igo (head now sore from banging it against brick wall for days, please help!!)   

No voice prompts Igo (head now sore from banging it against brick wall for days, please help!!)

Postby timradlin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Hello, desperate for some Newbie help please. I've read allot about Sat Nav versus Chinese Head Units (wince6) over the last few days and tried both different versions of IGo (Primo 1.1, 1.2, 2.4 Igo 8 & 9) and mod'ing sys.texts trying to solve my issue of no voice prompts without success. Its pretty much become a 'if its the last thing I do' task and would really appreciate help on how I can solve it.

All the above installs work, with exception of voice prompts. The volume quietens but no prompt. All volume levels checked and double checked each time I try a new install.

I'm wondering if in this case its a vehicle specific problem with my Chrysler 300c which is fitted with a Boston Sound System with Amp. Prior to fitting this unit I was running a retro fit MyGig unit via a Canbus Device (Lockpick) which essentially converted 2005-2008 wiring to 2008-2010 model wiring. With the retro fitted unit I had the same issue, no voice prompts, but this was assumed to be a software issue with the Amp which is common when swapping over. I didn't ever get around to going to Chrysler for the relevant software update/flash.

One particular thing I wonder about is, is there a specific speaker that a voice prompt is supposed to come from or should this be produced through all speakers? The reason I ask is because in std. Chrysler 300c's the music in the drivers side speaker is supposed to quieten for voice prompts which then emanate from the same. In the case of all my Igo installs all speakers seem to quieten but still no voice prompts.

Any tips/advice would be hugely appreciated
timradlin offline

Re: No voice prompts Igo (head now sore from banging it against brick wall for days, please help!!)

Postby chas521 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Read this, it might work for you also.
post134244.html#p134244
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Re: No voice prompts Igo (head now sore from banging it against brick wall for days, please help!!)

Postby timradlin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:53 pm

chas521 wrote:Read this, it might work for you also.
http://www.navitotal.com/post134244.html#p134244

Many thanks for your quick reply Chas. yep saw this but had the unit without any sat nav program so starting from scratch. I've just tried a 3rd install of your Igo8 version, to no avail unfortunately.

Just seems weird that whatever version I try, all have the same issue so wondering if its something to do with the spec's of the audio system within the car.
timradlin offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:55 pm

What are the specs of your device? Can you link us?

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Sometimes it takes a sys.txt that is specific to your device so that everything works correctly.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby timradlin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:38 pm

No linky I'm afraid but here's the spec -

WINCE6.0 With 3G Product introducation
♦.2 Din Car DVD with  Hanstar high definition digital panel(Pixel 800*480)
♦.Touch screen monitor
♦.steering wheel control function
♦.Built-in Bluetooth for mobile hands-free and phonebook download A2DP
♦.BT Mode incoming call show contact name
♦.Built-in 3G internet function,WCDMA/DSDPA/CDMA2000/EVDO
♦.included 3G cable and 1.8 Meters external MIC
♦.Built-in Virtual 6 Dics (VMCD6 )
♦.10 EQ channel control
♦.DIY wallpaper and car logo
♦.Built in DVD GPS RDS IPOD and AUX-IN function
♦.720P Video play MP4 AVI RMVB ,Music MP3 WMA
♦.CPU SIFR Altlas IV A4. 633MHZ+250MHZ DSP Audio output, WINCE 6.0
♦.Built in DSP 5.1 Audio output,super sound output
♦.Optional: car DVR and support touch screen to view video. USD30,DVB-T MPEG USD45,ISDB-T
♦.Radio receiving: FM/AM can be stored 32 stations. RDS is available .
♦.USB/SD card port: support MP4,DIVX,JPEG,MP3 and WMA playback
♦.Car backing display: Car reverse camera input (switch automatically)
♦.Language of OSD menu with DVD:Chinese,English,French,German,Italian,Spainish,Portuguese
♦.Operation menu of language: Simplified Chinese,Traditional Chinese,English,Russian,Italian,
Turkish,Japanese,German,French,Portuguese,Arabic,Portuguese
♦.AV output/input :2 video out, 2audio output, 2video input ,2 audio input
♦.Subwoofer output 4*50W
♦.Compatible with DVD,DVD-R,DVD-RW,HDVD,DVCD,MP3,MP4,CD-R,CD-RW,VCD,DIVX,WMA etc.
♦.Maximal power:4X50W maximum power output
CPU: SIRF Stlas IV A7840 Dual core multi-media processor, main frequency exceeds 633MHz
Memory/FLASH: 128MB
Operation system: WINCE6.0
SD Card: Support double hi-speed  SDHC(32G) card
USB: support USB HOST, USB pen readable
timradlin offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Looks like a nice device. Can you contact them regarding the specific sys.txt for igo8 regarding your sound problem?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby timradlin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm in contact with them at the mo (they're actually pretty good, respond quickly and all hours). Not so sure they'll know about a sys.txt but will ask. They did send me a link for a Navitel download, but as well as being rubbish (and all Eastern Europe), had the same prob anyway.

Any idea where I could get info on sys.txt versus car model Chas?

Do you know if voice prompts should come from a specific speaker or all and if there's a way of perhaps assigning a designated speaker within a sys.txt?
timradlin offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Never heard regarding a designated speaker. I doubt it. I'm only guessing about the sys.txt [but I think I'm right]. Try doing a Google search for your device and see where that goes.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby timradlin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Done and sorted. After a prompt from someone with an Android I had to rewire the rear speakers to the fronts and job done, working voice prompts. No messing with sys.txt's was needed at all.

Many thanks for your input Chas
timradlin offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Honestly, I kinda thought that from near the beginning but I didn't say anything about it because it's a big PITA. It's always easier to try the smaller stuff first when trying to "fix" something. FYI, a wrong sys.txt does cause a lot of problems. Nevertheless, I'm very happy that you got it working.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Program (+data.zip+branding.zip+license)