Newer maps on TomTom One 30-Series Australia   

Newer maps on TomTom One 30-Series Australia

Postby JulesKor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:58 am

Hi,
I have a TomTom One 30-series Australia using an SE 8.410 Navcore and an 835 map, which has been working great.
From what I understand cspeech is voice recognition and my device doesn't support that - so can I upgrade to the Australia 900 4611 map, which doesn't have Cspeech + ASR and still retain my TTS and ALG functionality or do I need to update my Navcore?
I am unable to find in the forums if I am even able to update my navcore beyone the navcore that I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
JulesKor offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:23 am

You did not search properly, otherwise you would have found my 9.485 Navcore thread ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 pm

JulesKor wrote:I have a TomTom One 30-series Australia using an SE 8.410 Navcore, so can I upgrade to the Australia 900 4611 map, which doesn't have Cspeech + ASR and still retain my TTS and ALG functionality

Yes, since you have navcore 8.410, & 4611 maps only require navcore 8.2XX or higher. The chart in All New Maps 900.XXXX post 1 has this info.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby JulesKor » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Thank you Downunder25m and tendriver,
I updated the navcore to 9.485 using Downunder35m's thread and the map to 900.4602 as this one had the meta data posted. With the emu switched to the "one" setting, I have it functioning 99.9% of what I had prior to the updates. The only thing I can't seem to get on there are my splash.ogg and suspend.ogg sounds as it now says my device does not support these. Is there any way I can use these on my updated device? I have been unsuccessful in finding anything searching the threads.
Thanks
JulesKor offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 am

Try the X40 or x30 emulation, XL is possible too.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:00 am

JulesKor wrote:Thank you Downunder25m and tendriver,
1. I updated the navcore to 9.485 using Downunder35m's thread and the map to 900.4602 as this one had the meta data posted.
2. With the emu switched to the "one" setting, I have it functioning 99.9% of what I had prior to the updates. The only thing I can't seem to get on there are my splash.ogg and suspend.ogg sounds as it now says my device does not support these.
3. Is there any way I can use these on my updated device? I have been unsuccessful in finding anything searching the threads.
Thanks

1. You made the right map choice.
2. Where are you seeing this message?
3. Try Downunder's suggestion. Oggs function on a X20 w/ SE 9.465 emu X50, but not with emu X40.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby JulesKor » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:41 am

Hi Tendriver and DownUnder25M,

I have tried all other emulations as provided by DownUnder25M's navcore. The only ones that don't cause my tomtom One 30 series to go into a continuous loop is the "self", the "one" and the "XL". All others fail. None of the successful emus allow me to have the startup or shutdown sounds enabled. The button in TomTom Home application is greyed out and when I click on it, that's where I see the message that these sounds are not supported by my device.
My older SE 8.410 navcore had the ability to use the splash and suspend .ogg files and the "model.txt" and "setconfig.txt" allowed me to emulate an X40, while turning off bluetooth and other unnecessary files.
So would you suggest I downgrade the navcore to the SE 9.465 to have the ogg functionality or stick with the 9.485 navcore?
I guess not having the ogg compatibility is a small price to pay to have the newer navcore (9.485) and the latest map. I do like the "XL" emu as it has the added information panel on the right hand side when navigation to a destination.
Thank you for all your help, it is very much appreciated.
JulesKor offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm

JulesKor wrote:Hi Tendriver and DownUnder25M,

I have tried all other emulations as provided by DownUnder25M's navcore. The only ones that don't cause my tomtom One 30 series to go into a continuous loop is the "self", the "one" and the "XL". All others fail. None of the successful emus allow me to have the startup or shutdown sounds enabled.

1. The button in TomTom Home application is greyed out and when I click on it, that's where I see the message that these sounds are not supported by my device.
My older SE 8.410 navcore had the ability to use the splash and suspend .ogg files and the "model.txt" and "setconfig.txt" allowed me to emulate an X40, while turning off bluetooth and other unnecessary files.

2. So would you suggest I downgrade the navcore to the SE 9.465 to have the ogg functionality or stick with the 9.485 navcore?
I guess not having the ogg compatibility is a small price to pay to have the newer navcore (9.485) and the latest map. I do like the "XL" emu as it has the added information panel on the right hand side when navigation to a destination.

Thank you for all your help, it is very much appreciated.

1. Why are you trying to use TT Home. Just copy your ogg files into your unit with windows explorer.
2. 9.485 is nothing more than 9.465 adapted for Chinese use.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby JulesKor » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi Tendriver,
I already copied the ogg files to the device, but they do not play at startup or shutdown. Another problem I have since discovered is that my device will randomly reboot itself. I will be 10 minutes into my drive when the device reboots. It will sometimes do it within 10 minutes while driving and then may do it repeatedly 2 or 3 times and then come good again and not skip a beat for the rest of the trip. I have reverted back to the 8.410 navcore and 835 map until I can figure this out. Thanks all for your help.

Cheers
JulesKor offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm

JulesKor wrote:Hi Tendriver,
I already copied the ogg files to the device, but they do not play at startup or shutdown. Another problem I have since discovered is that my device will randomly reboot itself. I will be 10 minutes into my drive when the device reboots. It will sometimes do it within 10 minutes while driving and then may do it repeatedly 2 or 3 times and then come good again and not skip a beat for the rest of the trip. I have reverted back to the 8.410 navcore and 835 map until I can figure this out. Thanks all for your help.

Cheers

You can still use Australia 900 4611 map with your 8.410 navcore, until we solve your issue.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:09 am

AFAIK NC9 has limits with these sounds.
a) they only play after a cold boot
b) I only get them to work in compatible emulations, meaning running my 730 in GO emulations gives the sounds while running it with XL Live for example males it stay silent.
This was never a case with V8 SE Navcores.
In general I tend to say if Home does not offer you to download custom sounds it won't work.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to > Maps v9XX