How to update to latest map?   

How to update to latest map?

Postby rocketnater » Thu May 29, 2014 1:19 am

I have a TomTom Ease. I looked on my TomTom Home program and the latest map version available is 930.5605 for USA and Canada. Before I download the map data and FastActivate to activate the map, do I need to download another Navcore? I looked on my GPS device and the App on it is version 9.510.
rocketnater offline

Re: How to update to latest map?

Postby tendriver » Thu May 29, 2014 10:42 am

rocketnater wrote:I have a TomTom Ease. I looked on my TomTom Home program and the latest map version available is 930.5605 for USA and Canada. Before I download the map data and FastActivate to activate the map, do I need to download another Navcore? I looked on my GPS device and the App on it is version 9.510.

Good News & Semi Bad News!!

The Good: 9.510 is the current official navcore for your Ease.
The Semi Bad: The ONLY usable map with US coverage is USA_Canada_and_Mexico_930_5605 (1731MB). If your Ease has a 2GB internal, it should be OK.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby rocketnater » Thu May 29, 2014 1:59 pm

tendriver wrote:
rocketnater wrote:I have a TomTom Ease. I looked on my TomTom Home program and the latest map version available is 930.5605 for USA and Canada. Before I download the map data and FastActivate to activate the map, do I need to download another Navcore? I looked on my GPS device and the App on it is version 9.510.
<br abp="309"><br abp="310">Good News & Semi Bad News!! <br abp="311"><br abp="312">The Good: 9.510 is the current official navcore for your Ease.<br abp="313">The Semi Bad: The ONLY usable map with US coverage is USA_Canada_and_Mexico_930_5605 (1731MB). If your Ease has a 2GB internal, it should be OK.

Thanks for the reply. My TomTom Ease came preloaded with USA and Canada map so that is why I looked for that specifically. I then looked on my GPS device and the name of the map on it is "North America 2GB".

I looked at the list of map downloads and the only one available with meta code is version 930.5505 for USA, Canada, and Mexico. Using this version will be fine for my Ease, right?

Also, downloading the map data with the Automatic Installer and Patcher is the easier option, right?
rocketnater offline

Postby Bobslants » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:33 am

Can I get Ireland maps for TOmTOm Carminat without spending money?
Bobslants offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom