What map is the latest?   

What map is the latest?

Postby wilh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Hello,

Sorry to bother people... I have read around the tutorials page, but, I am just totally lost looking at the maps page.

After the two categories (7 and 8 maps) , there are just so many different numbers and I am getting lost - I have tried reading the tutorials, but, I just can't find any way to tell the difference.

If anyone can help me and say which map I need, I have an (unmodified) TomTom Go 720 running 8.351, map 715.1703... However, I would be more grateful if you could explain the different versions so I know what I need.

Thanks.
wilh offline

Postby PSJFLA » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Which country are you wanting ?
PSJFLA offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:32 pm

wilh wrote:If anyone can help me and say which map I need, I have an (unmodified) TomTom Go 720 running 8.351, map 715.1703... However, I would be more grateful if you could explain the different versions so I know what I need.

For a 720, you want the 875.3613 full featured version.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby wilh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:46 pm

@tendriver - thanks. I will take a look for this. I want to be an expert / not have to ask in future and was just wondering how you worked this out/where does it say? I have been looking around these forums and do not understand how to determine map versions?

@PSJFLA - I purchased the western europe version... but... I have only driven to France once and don't really care... Only really need England.

I have read that some people have managed to get IQ routes working, is this a hack or is it safe?... To be honest, I don't want to screw around, I just want the latest stable version!
wilh offline

Postby wilh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:35 pm

@PSJFLA - Whilst I originally purchased Western Europe, I have only used france once and I only really need England.

@Tendriver - Thank you, I am downloading it now. Out of curiosity so I know in the future, how can you tell that, that is the correct version? I don't want to annoy people asking, but, I can't see anywhere that says it and if an update comes out, I want to download without bugging others.
wilh offline

Postby PSJFLA » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:58 pm

wilh wrote: Out of curiosity so I know in the future, how can you tell that, that is the correct version?

I run HOME....

add maps

no interested in other maps

view

all

it will them list all the maps for your device.... see a map you like and then click on the "more info" link

it will then tell you the complete map number

this works very well because all maps are not the same number.

PSJFLA offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 am

wilh wrote:@Tendriver - Thank you, I am downloading it now.
1. Out of curiosity so I know in the future, how can you tell that, that is the correct version?
2. I don't want to annoy people asking, but, I can't see anywhere that says it and
3. if an update comes out, I want to download without bugging others.

1.All New Maps 875.XXXX posts 1 & 2 contain everything you need to know about maps. The first item in post 1 is a compatibility chart. The first column contains the different versions of the current 875 map edition. The next 3 columns show the features in each version. The remaining columns show which navcores are compatible with which maps. The remainder of posts 1 & 2 lists the map versions that
are available for the different countries and/or areas. You look up your desired coverage, note the versions for that coverage, then check the compatibility chart for the coverage versions that work with your navcore.
2. You are not bugging anybody.
3. New maps are released every 3 months.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom