How to change map from Malaysia to Southeast Asia?   

How to change map from Malaysia to Southeast Asia?

Postby chiwawa10 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:55 am

Hi all,

I have tried in vain changing my device original map (Malaysia_Singapore) to Southeast_Asia. Have anyone tried that with success? May I know what are the steps? FYI, my device is Mazda NB1. The reason I wanted to change is because there is always never a meta code for the new Malaysia_Singapore map that was released. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
chiwawa10 offline

Re: How to change map from Malaysia to Southeast Asia?

Postby chiwawa10 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:39 am

I did some test but still failed to get it working on my Mazda NB1. Basically what I did was this.
1. Delete the map folder together with its content in SD Card (Malaysia_Singapore)
2. Copy the latest downloaded map into SD Card (Southeast_Asia)
3. Update ttgo.bif in SD Card root to reflect the map region and its version number
4. Run FastActivate to activate the map (managed to get the message that says .dct OK)
5. Verify that the .dct file is indeed created in the map folder
6. Slot the SD Card into my car and start

When trying to bring up the navigation function, it shows the error message 'No Map Found'. I wonder what is wrong with the steps. Probably I am missing some files here since I am changing the map region altogether.
chiwawa10 offline

Postby amazing » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:22 am

Run FastActivate to activate META
:)
amazing offline

Postby chiwawa10 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:16 am

I have already tried that as mentioned in Step 6 in my previous post. But I am still seeing the error message 'No Maps Found'. I guess there could be some missing file(s) as I am trying to change my map from Malaysia_Singapore to Southeast_Asia.

I noticed that Southeast Asia v975.7687 is a fuller version compared to v975.7691 as it contains more files. This weekend I'll attempt another method and report the result here. Basically, I'll try to use v975.7687 as the base and then overwrite the files with those from v975.7691. Will run FastActivate only after that. Hope this will work for me. Probably this is the very first time this is being attempted :)
chiwawa10 offline

Postby holyhead » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:42 am

You can only use Southeast Asia v975.7691 because to my knowledge there is no meta code availble for Southeast Asia v975.7687 No metacode means you can,t use it.

Do you use a patched navcore so not use FastAktivate number 3.

And using 7687 as base and copy 7691 to it don,t works so stick to the 975.7691
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby chiwawa10 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 pm

I believe I am using a patched version of Navcore by simba. And I am already using Southeast Asia v975.7691 but still seeing the error message 'No Maps Found'. What I suspect is that there are some files which still recognizes my devices as having Malaysia_Singapore map instead of Southeast_Asia. Has it got something to do with the .tlv file inside the 'maps' folder?
chiwawa10 offline

Postby chiwawa10 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:54 am

I gave it a try last week but to no avail. Tried deleting the .tlv file inside 'maps' folder but I am still getting the error message 'no maps found'. This weekend I'm gonna try deleting the whole 'loopdir' folder. I read somewhere in another forum mentioning that the 'loopdir' folder needs to be deleted when installing a map manually. So I guess I'll have to do that as well.
chiwawa10 offline

Postby chiwawa10 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:11 am

Last weekend I tried removing the 'loopdir' folder but still it did not work. I'm totally out of idea how to make it work. I guess I'll be stuck with my current map 'Malaysia_Singapore' until someone releases the meta to the new version. In case someone did tried changing a map from one region to another, appreciate you let me know what are the differences/changes that you see. I'm trying to figure it out to make it work.
chiwawa10 offline

Postby chiwawa10 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:34 am

Glad to report that I made it work finally. I did not replaced the existing map (Malaysia_Singapore) with the new map (Southeast_Asia). Instead, I have them both in the SD card and I can switch between the two. What I did initially (read my post #2), was the right steps. However, I got the wrong map to work with. I got it working with the map version Southeast_Asia v950.6558 and its an Android map. It is the kind of map supported by my device (Mazda NB1).
chiwawa10 offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom