Delete the speedcam sound in iGO8   

Delete the speedcam sound in iGO8

Postby chas521 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:46 pm

This is how you get rid of that annoying, repetitive speedcam sound in iGO8. Go and open the data.zip [and data folder if you have one], open up the audio folder which has a lot of .wav sounds. Go to !alert5.wav file and delete it. That's all. Works well in the US. If you d/l and installed my iGO8 program from here, you have my audio folder installed. It says "red-light camera" in English and doesn't require anything else. It will still say red-light camera" even after deleting the file.

What I did was to copy/paste the !alert5.wav file to my computer first before I deleted it.

Here are some other languages - UK English, Hungarian, German, Spanish, Russian - but I believe they require a Dimka skin. There is a member who couldn't get the audio to work [only a beep] until he installed the 1.1.43b Dimka skin. Then all was fine. FYI, the member was not in the US. Put the file into the audio folder not the one in the data.zip. If you don't have an audio folder, create one.
[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you want to make another speedcam .wav file for another sound, just rename the new .wav file to !alert5.wav. Great free .wav files here:
[Please Register or Login to download file]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Re: Delete the speedcam sound in iGO8

Postby igougo2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi I noticed that you have some experience replacing .wav files from data.zip.I am trying to replace the ding that sounds before each voice alert with my own ding sound ,I tried to replace several... ding.wav, alert 5.wav,navi_ding.wav,but no luck.Do you know which one to replace specifically the ding before next turn voice alert.Primo android
igougo2 offline

Postby Skezza » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:18 pm

iGo8's speedcam is seriously annoying :D :lol:
Skezza offline

Postby brnrds » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:07 pm

I replaced several alarming sounds with others out of the Windows sound files.
All you need to do is rename or delete the old one and add another with the original name to your data.zip/audio map/sound.... (use Winrar or Winzip)
The exact name is vital, because the alert is coupled with a txt or cvs command in a list.
Works for me.
I think you may even use a voice file as long as its a .wav
But wav files can be recoded from other types or sources.
wav is the standard format of windows.
I hated the sirens warning, or repeating annoying sounds on a road with trajectory speed control.
brnrds offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core