[Resolved] Igo Primo and SpeedCam sound alerts   

[Resolved] Igo Primo and SpeedCam sound alerts

Postby mat458 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Hello,

I'm having a few issues with my GPS, that has iGO Primo 2.0 (v9.6.2.209584) and diMka WA (v1.5.3) theme.
When approaching a Speedcam, I have a visual alert but no sound alert.

I tried several things, but nothing worked.
In Settings > Sound and Warnings > Alert Point Settings, "Alert Point Warnings" is activated.

When I chose for "Audio Warning" the "Primo sound", if I go in : Settings > Sound and Warnings > Alert Point Settings > Warn When Speeding and click on an icon, I can chose a sound and play it. The sound works there but not when I'm driving.

When I chose for "Audio Warning" the "Ultra sound (iGO8)", if I go in the "Voice language", I can chose my language and it plays a voice alert to confirm the chosen language but no sound alert is played when I'm driving.

Here's my sys.txt : [Please Register or Login to download file]

I don't really care to have voice alerts, if I have several "beeps" when approaching a speedcam (like on my old iGO 8.4), I would be happy.

Thanks for your help,
mat458

Edit : Finally it works with the "Ultra sound (iGO8)" option for "Audio Warning". I just messed up the sys.txt file; here's the good one : [Please Register or Login to download file]
mat458 offline

Postby filesupload100 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks for the update. Just to make things clear:
- For using "Ultra sound (iGO8)", you need the audio files in a folder named "Audio" in the root of your navi folder. Do you have it?
- Are you using TTS voice files?
- What voice is being used for warning, the Audio of IGO or the TTS?

I'm asking this because in your sys.txt I see [speedcam_category:0] until [speedcam_category:31], and this sections is using TTS voice files (as far as I know).
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby mat458 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:57 am

- Yes I have the audio folder with the sounds, it's in : Primo2\ui_igo9\audio\FR\voice_female
- I tried using a TTS voice but when I select one, I can't select the option "Read Out Alert Point" in "Settings > Sound and Warnings > TTS Pro". So I selected a normal voice for the drive guiding : [Please Register or Login to download file]
- For the warning, I'm using the warning of iGO : [Please Register or Login to download file] and [Please Register or Login to download file]

I just took the sys.txt that comes with the iGO Primo release I downloaded.
mat458 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core