Confused copying Garmins G2 vision sd card to new card and i   

Confused copying Garmins G2 vision sd card to new card and i

Postby stimpy2300 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Confused,
Ok I have either really messed up my unit or card or I done somthing to hack my garmin GPSMAP 441s... Why, well here is what I have been testing. In an effort to learn I am doing this and need some help on how to resolve or determie what I have done.

1. Received a garmin SD with VUS010R Southeast Florida v10.50
2. I copied the garmin folder to my laptop
3 Posted it up on the web
4. Unlocked it using the new version
5. copied to new sd card in garmin folder
6. worked great came up, no problems.

So for giggles I wanted to experiment and learn so I deleted everything on the new sd card then did.
1. copied the LOCKED file and unl file to the new SD card
2. inserted in the unit
3. the damn thing comes up fine and is seen and loaded in the unit.

So Now I am confused. I beleive that I may have done something to my ORIGINAL verions that I had on my laptop. So I deleted it and copied it back from the ORIGINAL GARMIN SD card to test again, checking the date/time stamp whichs is dated 2008 for the IMG file and 2009 for the UNL. Which I beleive is to be correct.. So I copied that back to my new SD card and inserted it again, and I wil be damn it loaded up again. So I ran GmapTool on the file and it is showing that it's still locked but yet it's working fine just by copying it to a new card????

WHY? I have messed something up or can some help direct me on what to check to see if I am crazy????

Thanks in advance
stimpy2300
stimpy2300 offline

Postby stimpy2300 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Ok so I went and downloaded the locked version that i posted and then copied it to a new sd card and it's still working... Then I deleted the unl file off the sd card to see, and it's still working.

What the hell is going on here. I was thinking maybe the unl file was coded to the unit not the card, but by removing the unl file and insterting it into a unit its still reading it fine..

WEIRD... What have I done...
stimpy2300 offline

Postby Black Wolf » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:37 am

are sure that you downloaded locked maps .img, probably that's unlocked map .img, maybe somebody called it wrongly, or when made upload, made wrong upload, and put unlocked maps .img. However , now is important that your maps work, another things aren't important ...
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Return to General Discussions about Garmin