I'm a bit confused...   

I'm a bit confused...

Postby shalero » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 am

I've got really big problems with these maps of France :
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1235-Garmin-France-topo-map-
I don't understand what goes wrong, because apparently it seems simpler to install than those of Norway but....I'm getting really lost..

I tried to :

- put one IMG file directly in the garmin directory in the micro-SD card of my Garmin Etrex Legend Hcx : won't work, the device doesn't see the map

- put one IMG file in the garmin directory of my hard disk : won't work, Mapsource doesn't see the map

- follow the instructions given here (with the last version of Mapsource) :
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1608-How-to-unlock-the-map-topo-France-v2
but the map won't even install on my laptop, so I can't go anywhere...

- use GMaptools with CGPSmapper, but I don't understand the whole thing so I think I missed something....

I'm disturbed by all of this, because the maps are unlocked, so it should be easy, I think I'm really dumb and need some help..... (I use Windows XP)
shalero offline

Postby Black Wolf » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 am

shalero wrote:I've got really big problems with these maps of France :
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1235-Garmin-France-topo-map-
I don't understand what goes wrong, because apparently it seems simpler to install than those of Norway but....I'm getting really lost..

I tried to :

- put one IMG file directly in the garmin directory in the micro-SD card of my Garmin Etrex Legend Hcx : won't work, the device doesn't see the map

- put one IMG file in the garmin directory of my hard disk : won't work, Mapsource doesn't see the map

- follow the instructions given here (with the last version of Mapsource) :
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1608-How-to-unlock-the-map-topo-France-v2
but the map won't even install on my laptop, so I can't go anywhere...

- use GMaptools with CGPSmapper, but I don't understand the whole thing so I think I missed something....

I'm disturbed by all of this, because the maps are unlocked, so it should be easy, I think I'm really dumb and need some help..... (I use Windows XP)

Please edit your post, and write corresponding title of thread about your problems, what can somebody think about your problem from this title " I'm a bit confused..." , confused for mathematic, biology, etc. ??? Nobody here isn't clairvoyant to know what you though but your title, please next time use coresponding title, like "Garmin Etrex Legend Hcx can't see maps" etc. then for other people your thread can be useful, most of you didn't read general rules !

Did you rename .img file in GMAPSUPP.IMG, before this you have to create folder Garmin on your sd card, format it before like FAT32, right click on your SD CARD and choose option FORMAT, for file system use FAT32, then on formatted card , create folder Garmin, inside folder garmin copy renamed .IMG file GMAPSUPP.IMG!

That's all..
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby PiEtU » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:04 pm

I download this map "Topo France Nord V2.0 (North France)"

i but it [SD-CARD]:\Garmin\GMAPSUPP.IMG and it works fine and it is unlocked
(anyway i have different device)

If you use internal memory rename GMAPPROM.IMG and try again
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby shalero » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:01 pm

sucro wrote:
Did you rename .img file in GMAPSUPP.IMG, before this you have to create folder Garmin on your sd card, format it before like FAT32, right click on your SD CARD and choose option FORMAT, for file system use FAT32, then on formatted card , create folder Garmin, inside folder garmin copy renamed .IMG file GMAPSUPP.IMG!

That's all..

Yes, I did the whole thing : format, create the directory, then copy the file.
shalero offline

Postby shalero » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:05 pm

pietu wrote:I download this map "Topo France Nord V2.0 (North France)"

i but it [SD-CARD]:\Garmin\GMAPSUPP.IMG and it works fine and it is unlocked
(anyway i have different device)

If you use internal memory rename GMAPPROM.IMG and try again

No, it's not internal memory, it's on the micro-SD.
Now I've just reformatted again, I changed the file name to have it with CAPITAL LETTERS, it's currently copying (68 mn left).
It's an old laptop borrowed to a friend (I'm on macintosh....), so maybe it's due to the machine.
Or maybe the micro-SD is corrupted. Let's see what it will look like in one hour...

.........:drinkingbuddies: hallelujah, now it's ok ! So apparently it was because the file was gmapsupp.img, instead of GMAPSUPP.IMG .....:confused:
Well many thanks to you two, guys, you save my week, I was beginning to get crazy with all this thing.... Have a nice evening !
shalero offline

Postby PiEtU » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 pm

shalero wrote:.........:drinkingbuddies: hallelujah, now it's ok ! So apparently it was because the file was gmapsupp.img, instead of GMAPSUPP.IMG .....:confused:
Well many thanks to you two, guys, you save my week, I was beginning to get crazy with all this thing.... Have a nice evening !

You are wellcome

Thread Closed
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about Garmin