Can someone help install computer voices on my GO 540 Live?   

Can someone help install computer voices on my GO 540 Live?

Postby Sephirote » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:50 am

Hi everyone,

So here's the situation. My GPS originally had french computer voices and I wanted to install english computer voices. (using a french computer voice with an Australia map made it that the voice had troubles reading street names, it was unusable)
I plugged my TomTom to my PC and launched Tomtom home to install english voices.
I was able to download and install TOM computer voice to my tomtom and it worked fine but I didn't like his voice and wanted to switch to a female voice.

But this time when I connected my Tomtom to TTH, it wouldn't let me me install any other voice as everything is now greyed out. I installed TTH on another laptop and same, when I plug in my device, adding voices is greyed out and when I click on it it says that my device is outdated. I'm also ignoring a prompt to update my navcore (because it's patched) and I'm guessing that's why it's not letting me downling new voices? Still weird how I was able to do it the first time.

But I know these can be installed manually so I came here and managed to install a female english standard voices from this thread voices/tomtom-standard-voices-t19651.html and it's much better than the male voice but still I'd like to use computer voices.

So I noticed that on this forum there were TTS voices pinned thread, but I cannot download any voice, when I click on any link here voices/voices-loquendotts-x30-t923.html nothing happens.

This is what TTH installed on my device under folder LOQUENDOTTS (Simon voice)

Can someone tell me where I can get a english female computer voices and how to manually install them?

THank you
Sephirote offline

Re: Can someone help install computer voices on my GO 540 Li

Postby fredderf » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:30 pm

Copy your LoquendoTTS folder somewhere on your PC and then delete it from your TT...then extract the following archive to your device and you should be done

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Re: Can someone help install computer voices on my GO 540 Li

Postby Sephirote » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:07 pm

fredderf wrote:Copy your LoquendoTTS folder somewhere on your PC and then delete it from your TT...then extract the following archive to your device and you should be done

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Thank you Fredderf, you're the best :023:

:thread_solved:
Sephirote offline

Return to > Voices