img to Mapsource   

img to Mapsource

Postby the venturer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Hello. I downloaded city navigator 2019 NT and now i have lots of img files and i can see them on mapsource but all goes well till i cant search any address on my device. It says '' no detail map installed'' Any help would be appreciated.
the venturer offline

Re: img to Mapsource

Postby B1ng0 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:13 am

Probably you've downloaded a gmap folder which is installed on PC. That contains the map data to compile an IMG file for devices to use. Don't use MapSource to do that, it creates errors with modern NT mapping, use only MapInstall. MI can be invoked from BaseCamp or used independently.
B1ng0 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby the venturer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:31 pm

B1ng0 wrote:Probably you've downloaded a gmap folder which is installed on PC. That contains the map data to compile an IMG file for devices to use. Don't use MapSource to do that, it creates errors with modern NT mapping, use only MapInstall. MI can be invoked from BaseCamp or used independently.
Thank you. Is there a way i can learn about this installation?
the venturer offline

Postby B1ng0 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:02 am

First put the .gmap folder in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps. That's for Win Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (It's a different path for XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GARMIN\Maps but you can only use BaseCamp V4.2.5 or earlier). For Mac - /Library/Application Support/Garmin/Maps/.

Then install BaseCamp (MapInstall is also installed with it.). There is a quite good intro instructional video included which is offered when you open BC. BC download Link:
Code: Select all
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4435
B1ng0 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby the venturer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Thx. I ll give it a try.
the venturer offline

Postby kolokythas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:19 pm

B1ng0 wrote:First put the .gmap folder in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps. That's for Win Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (It's a different path for XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GARMIN\Maps but you can only use BaseCamp V4.2.5 or earlier). For Mac - /Library/Application Support/Garmin/Maps/.

Then install BaseCamp (MapInstall is also installed with it.). There is a quite good intro instructional video included which is offered when you open BC. BC download Link:
Code: Select all
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4435

just to add that if it appears in the basecamp that the map is locked you have to use unlock software to unlock the directories of the map
kolokythas offline

Postby the venturer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Thx a million.
the venturer offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin