Run iGO Primo 2.0 on Mio Moov and Navman S series (and some   

Run iGO Primo 2.0 on Mio Moov and Navman S series (and some

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Read the guide first to familiarize yourself with the procedure before attempting anything!

Known Issues.
Some Mio/Navman devices only have 32MB of RAM and won't run Primo 2.0, So use iGO 8 instead, this is provided on this page as well.

Please note that for security reasons some links are hidden until the 'thanks' button below is pressed and the page is refreshed!

Want to install Tomtom Navigator 7 as well, (WinCE 5 Devices ONLY!) Click here!

See 'Frequently Asked Questions' below if you're having problems!

If you unlocked your device by using another method then start from step #4

1, Connect your device to your PC with a USB cable Device will take a few moments to establish a connection
Browse your device with Windows explorer on your PC and copy everything to a safe location, Don't disconnect yet.

2, Download this [Please Register or Login to download file] and extract to your PC and run Setup.exe, then click Install Desktop
[Please Register or Login to download file]

3, Now you need to safely remove the device How to do this depends on your version of Windows but usually it's done by clicking the icon in the tray, or right clicking the icon in My Computer
Your device will now reboot to a blue desktop with a start button at the top and a Smart ST icon, Tapping this icon loads the original software, There is no exit option, you must restart your device.

4, Now you need to download this optimized version of iGO Primo 2.0 (192MB)
Hidden text: ON
OR this version of iGO8 for 32MB devices (16MB - Only UK English is included!)
Hidden text: ON

(Passwords: "www.navitotal.com") Don't click it, type it!
And then go here and download your maps be aware that on some devices you only have 2GB of storage space, and some of that will be taken up already

5, Extract the maps (.fbl extension) and copy ONE map of your area into Primo2\Content\Map
There will be other files, Ignore them for now.

6, Reconnect your device and copy the Primo2 folder to the root of your device or a SD card.

7, Disconnect your device.

8, Using FileManCE in the Start menu on your device, Navigate to Primo2.exe and run it
All being well iGO Primo will start, Leave the device until it's found a satellite lock, You may need to go outside to aquire one.

9, Reconnect your device to your PC and copy any other content you require into the relevant folders, For an explaination of what the files are for and where they go, go here
For best results don't copy everything at once, One or two items at a time is best, Start iGO Primo in between to check everything works.

10, Start iGO Primo again the same way as before, and set up everything according to your preferences.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions.

Why does iGO reboot the device when i exit?
On some devices exiting iGO will reboot the device, This could be down to unused licenses in the license folder, examine the file names and remove whatever is not required, It's trial and error unfortunately!

Why does iGO reboot the device when resuming from suspend?
It's because the SD card has been unmounted during suspend and is not available for a fraction of a second after resuming, iGO thinks there's a problem and reboots the device, Try to run from My Flash Disk as this is a hardware issue and there is no fix for it!

Why does iGO say 'Autodetecting GPS Receiver...'?
On some devices starting the original software to set the backlight to maximum locks out the GPS hardware from other software, Find the file Autorun.mscr and either delete it, or edit out the commands to Run, WaitFor and Kill. iGO can control the backlight itself so these commands are redundant!

Why does iGO say 'Looking for satelites'? It sees them but never locks onto them.
In some regions (Aus, NZ?) you may need to use 57600 instead of 4800 as the baud rate, possibly these devices have different GPS hardware for some reason.
Open sys.txt with Notepad and find the number 4800 in the GPS section and replace it with 57600.

Do i need to edit the sys.txt?
The sys.txt contains everything needed for the devices that this guide was intended for, Although on Navman S Series devices you will need to change backlight_max=10 to backlight_max=75 so the backlight controls work correctly, Enhancements may require additional entries.

Where can i find TTS and skins for iGO?
TTS Pro voices and instructions are here
Skins for Primo 2.0 are here
An explanation of all the map related files can be found here

How do i get a shortcut on the desktop?
Open notepad on your PC and type...
"\My Flash Disk\Primo2\Primo2.exe" Which is the path to the executable on your device within quotes
Count all the characters 34 in the above example
Arrange the text like this...
34#"\My Flash Disk\Primo2\Primo2.exe"
Save the file as...
iGO Primo.lnk That's LiNK not INK
Make sure it's iGO Primo.lnk and not iGO Primo.lnk.txt
Your PC will hide .lnk so you'll just have an icon called iGO Primo
If Primo is installed on a SD card then substitute Storage Card for My Flash Disk.
Copy this file to the...
Program Files\Unlock\Desktop folder to have it on your desktop OR Program Files\Unlock\Programs to have it in the Start menu.
Sometimes the Desktop and Programs folders are in the drive root!

How can i get iGO to start automatically?
Make a shortcut as explained in How do i get a shortcut on the desktop?
Rename iGO Primo.lnk to Autorun.lnk and copy it to the Unlock folder and iGO Primo will autostart when the device is rebooted, When you exit iGO Primo the desktop appears.
NOTE: Because iGO Primo takes a few moments to open a window, The desktop application may open the taskbar which remains in view, You can minimize the taskbar by tapping the Windows icon.

Why can't i turn off the device like i used to?
On some Mio/Navman devices the power button is not a hardware power button, Just a normal button that when pressed asks the original software to suspend the device, It does it this way so the software can complete disk operations before suspending...
The little app below just monitors the hardware buttons and runs commands based on what is in the PowerButton.ini script
Link TBC
Copy the files from the archive and place into the unlock folder on your device
Boot your device to the desktop
Open FileManCE or other file explorer on your device
Run PowerButtonTest.exe
Tap or slide the switch to off (suspend)
A dialog box should appear with a number in it
Note the number and add the line...
****=off
...to the bottom of PowerButton.ini using Notepad on your PC
Example...
1058=off
Then add the command to start PowerButton.exe into the Autorun.mscr script
Run (SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"PowerButton.exe")
Be aware that if iGO is running from a SD card it may reboot the device when resuming from suspend, There is no fix for this!
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kingkong5146 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:50 am

Hi,

Just seeing if you could help me out?

I Have a Navman S100 and i'm running the latest Igo primo from My flash disk using Mortscript guide you have it looks like this:

Run("\My Flash Disk\Igo\Igo.exe")

The only Problem i have is the Clock from the taskbar comes up and keeps flashing and driving me insane.

I've tried Run(My Flash Disk\"TroNik\TaskbarHide.exe") but it doesn't do anything?!

Any help would be most appreciated.
kingkong5146 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:13 am

kingkong5146 wrote:Hi,

Just seeing if you could help me out?

I Have a Navman S100 and i'm running the latest Igo primo from My flash disk using Mortscript guide you have it looks like this:

Run("\My Flash Disk\Igo\Igo.exe")

The only Problem i have is the Clock from the taskbar comes up and keeps flashing and driving me insane.

I've tried Run(My Flash Disk\"TroNik\TaskbarHide.exe") but it doesn't do anything?!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Question answered here
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Psyrex » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Is there a way to get igo started after the Mio startup screen, instead of clicking it in the screen where the SmartST also is..? or did i do something wrong?..

edit:

i see, i cant find the shortcut generator, so all i can do is the first option....

Can u please share a link for the WinCE Shortcut Generator?
Or help me how to get it started automaticly... if thats even possible...

plus i noticed my OFF 'button' does not function anymore... is there any help for?..

I hope to hear from u soon.
Psyrex offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:04 am

What device do you have? To make iGO autostart depends on what device you have.

The power button is controlled by the original app, There is a workaround to make it work all the time but iGO doesn't like it and reboots when woken up

The shortcut generator only creates icons to go on the desktop.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Psyrex » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:13 am

Its a device from my father in law, its an mio spirit 470..

So u mean theres no real fix for the off button..?
Does it harms the device by using the reset button?

Thanks in advance

Fatboyfun wrote:What device do you have? To make iGO autostart depends on what device you have.

The power button is controlled by the original app, There is a workaround to make it work all the time but iGO doesn't like it and reboots when woken up

The shortcut generator only creates icons to go on the desktop.
Psyrex offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:22 am

There'a a small app that monitors the power button and can either suspend and wake up or run an app, It's devices like the Navman S series where iGO is on a SD card that have the rebooting problem, Mio Moov's where iGO is on the internal flash can suspend ok, I don't know about the Spirit range, Does it have a button or a slide switch?

I will dig out the app, You will need to edit a config file and add the exe to Autorun.mscr
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Psyrex » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:29 am

It's is indeed a ''slide switch'' from left to right: On Off Reset.
This device does not have SD slots, its all in the internal flash.

In my case, when i say ON, its working alright, OFF is not working..

Im not that good in this kind of things, cus all i did was folow the steps like above, and they were explaint verry good, so that worked for me.. but i dont wanna make it hard for my father in law, i want him to have the navigation running, when he turns on his device..

i hope u can help me out on here

edit:
when i load up the Mio map thing, the Off switch seems to work fine...

when i use primo, it seems like the reset switch turns into off..

is that right, of am i wrong..
Psyrex offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 am

This was 'extracted' from MioPocket...

Copy the files from the archive and place into the unlock folder on your device
Boot your device to the desktop
Open Total commander or other file explorer on your device
Run PowerButtonTest.exe
Slide the switch to off (suspend)
A dialog box should appear with a number in it
Note the number and add the line...

****=off

...to the bottom of PowerButton.ini

Example...

1058=off

Add PowerButton.exe into the Autorun.mscr script

Run (SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"PowerButton.exe")

On some Mio/Navman devices the power button is not a hardware power button, Just a normal button that when pressed asks the original software to suspend the device, It does it this way so the software can complete disk operations before suspending...

The little app above just monitors the hardware buttons and runs commands based on what is in the PowerButton.ini script
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Psyrex » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:57 am

your example whas the one i really needed haha, the 1058... thanks!..
did exactly what u said, and it works for me..

my last 2 questions for this device of my father in law are...

1. Can u please help me to get Primo be the autorun program after the Mio startup screen? (I hope this is possible)
2. What data can i delete from the original device, to create a little bit more room for my new maps for primo?.. i was thinking about the items that are in Navman\Maps
Psyrex offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:17 pm

1, Make a copy of the desktop icon for iGO and rename it to Autorun.lnk, Copy it to the unlock folder
iGO will start when the device is booted, when iGO is exited the desktop appears, Because iGO take so long to open a window the taskbar opens and remains on top.

2, You can delete unused maps from the navman app, i would leave one though...
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Psyrex » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:26 pm

u mean the mio.ico to Autorun.lnk ? or do u mean the iGO.exe from the Primo folder...

edit:
Never mind, i read the 1st post, and the last section had made it clear..

THANKS FOR THE GOOD SUPPORT, NOW IT RUNS LIKE I WANT...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
Psyrex offline

Postby bROLLY » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:44 am

hi there,

I have a mio spirit 680, and ive done everything correctly so far, i load the FileManCe to get th iGO running but i dont see any file with that name and i hace copy past the igopast to my mio flash. but i cant find anything in my gps related to igo.
The only thing i didnt do was downloading a map and put in on the gio maps, or do i really need to download a map to make it work?
bROLLY offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:50 am

Note where you placed IGO to and use filemance to navigate to where the iGO.exe is and run it like you do on your PC
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bROLLY » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Yes ive found it later when i went to bet i took the gps with me since i wanst not the mood to sleep ;)
I've log into the iGO and ive put this maps " R3 Navteq 2011.Q4 + Truck Europe (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus) " I only need portugalçl, still not update, they look just like the ones i had on mio spirit, still better cuz with igo i can update them whenever they release new stuff.

I kinda have af ew problems here. Is it possible to make this to start up running when i turn gps on? without the need to search for the igo.exe?
And also another thing to turn this off, the only way to turn the gps off is by doing the Reset button!

Still i'm thankfull that i have found such thread that has help me to do something that i never had done before, in any case if you want to help me in those "lines" It would be very nice of you!

Cheers Fatboyfun and NaviTotal!!
bROLLY offline

Next

Return to Mio Device Unlock