RHB/430N - delete file? "i come with gifts" update attempt    

RHB/430N - delete file? "i come with gifts" update attempt

Postby rerie » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:46 pm

Has anyone successfully been able to delete, rename, or move files using he hidden menu on the garmin / RHB / R30N Jeep navigations? my vehicle is a 2012 but the dealership replaced the 430N maybe in 2019 so the nav is newer and (faster, quieter) but I dont know what year it was intended to be used for. Software is RHB17 / Software 7.11 / GPS 4.15.06. Right now i'm on applicatoin software 33.01.23 but i'm normally on the 51.xx.xx as I'm trying to get maps updated right now and 33.xx.xx is usually better for that. I've had CN North America NT 2021.20 loaded as far as I can remember on this unit and have not been able to update since. I suspect if i can remove the gupdate.gcd and the gmapsupp.img files from the unit I may have better luck loading 2023.10 maps.

I've cleared the NONVOL thinking that might assist with deleting or updating, this didn't work. Also I've tried to enter a safe mode as the nuvi's report having by holding the left side of the garmin startup screen but it doesn't seem to work on the RHBs.

I've also tried the Emergency Update in the other hidden menu (power off, Menu+radio+Media) but that does not seem to do much either.

I am getting a "GCD Software Version is older than current system software version" and "PND did not update" when I run something, I think its the 33.xx.xx CD that does this.

Maybe i should just be satisfied that I have 2021 maps loaded on a 2012 vehicle? Its not terrible but some road changes in the past couple years have made one particular area difficult for me to traverse.
rerie offline

Re: City Navigator North America NT 2024.10 FID 9949

Postby swirley » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:01 am

Hello! New to the forum. I am trying to figure out how to update the maps in my 2019 Chrystler Grand Caravan. It looks like the unit is an RHB17. When I search for updated maps on the official sites it actually identifies the unit as a 430N.

What files do I need from the OP to get updated?

Thanks in advance!
swirley offline

Return to Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge