DNX893S Map Update Info   

DNX893S Map Update Info

Postby ylwfvr » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:55 am

Hello,

New user here. My head unit has the 2016 map on it. Following the Kenwood site instructions, the suggested map that came up when
I plugged in my SD card into Garmin Express was City Navigator North America NT 2021-Kenwood Update.

Searched the maps folder for this and did not find. How can I check to see if any of the other maps are compatible with my head unit?

Thank you for any info.
ylwfvr offline

Re: DNX893S Map Update Info

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:12 am

Welcome,
I plugged in my SD card into Garmin Express was City Navigator North America NT 2021-Kenwood Update.

I assume to purchase.

Make a back up.
It's possible you could use Garmin Express to update the SD card even if the maps etc. are out of date, then you will at least have the file structure and be able to replace the relevant outdated files and folders with the latest ones.
Garmin Express.
Map Details>Map Options>Reinstall Map
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby ylwfvr » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:21 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Garman. I just ran your suggested backup process on my SD card via Express.
Next, how do I determine which one of the maps on this forum, is compatible with my unit? Or do I just now copy over the latest map that is available on this site to my SD card? Thank you
ylwfvr offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:12 pm

ylwfvr wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Garman. I just ran your suggested backup process on my SD card via Express.
Next, how do I determine which one of the maps on this forum, is compatible with my unit? Or do I just now copy over the latest map that is available on this site to my SD card? Thank you

I don't have this device or even know if it will accept unlocked maps ,but the logical maps for you to try first would be the latest.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby ylwfvr » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:17 pm

Ok, no prob. thank you. I will do some more research on this unit.
ylwfvr offline

Postby ylwfvr » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:04 pm

I updated The latest map to SD card and replaced the existing map file. When I insert it in my car it loads the map, but then when I pick a destination and click go, it reboots. Tried multiple times. Anyone else have this issue? I’d post a video but can’t attach file to post. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ylwfvr offline

Kenwood Dnx893s Map not showing any possible update in garmi

Postby tharmer13 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:46 am

Hello all, I put a Kenwood Garmin Excelon DNX893S nav system in my Outlander a few years back and I kept getting the "map outdated from 2016" message when I turned it on. So, I finally updated the firmware today, thinking then I could update the maps here in 2024 and make that error message go away. The firmware was a breeze with a SD card, easy instructions, it's now on version 3.1 which is up to date per the website. The problem is, when I pop the imprinted SD card into the garmin express software it's showing no available map update whatsoever, just the original 2016 map file it came installed with... INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING... does anyone know how to access the latest map update for my unit before they stopped producing them? There must have been an update in 2020 or later? Why are they not available on garmin express? Or any other website I've searched for, it's so frustrating! All I can find is the original map file, Please help!
tharmer13 offline

Return to Kenwood