New maps for SYNC 2 v. F10   

New maps for SYNC 2 v. F10

Postby Przemo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:16 am

Hello. There are new maps for Sync 2 in the F10 HM5T-19H449-FE version. :lol: Does anyone have download link :bs_quesexclaim:
Przemo offline

Re: New maps for SYNC 2 v. F10

Postby buska3 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:43 pm

1 - [Please Register or Login to download file]
2 - [Please Register or Login to download file]
3 - [Please Register or Login to download file]
4 - [Please Register or Login to download file]
5 - [Please Register or Login to download file]
6 - [Please Register or Login to download file]
7 - [Please Register or Login to download file]
buska3 offline

Postby Pulecia2 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:25 pm

Muchas gracias muy agradecido.
Pulecia2 offline

Postby StanGPS666 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:43 pm

How to prepare the SD Card with the map to assure it will work.
Do I need to change SID or some other process to install?

BR
StanGPS666 offline

Postby Skilss » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:40 pm

It does not work. I downloaded the above and unzipped into a SD card, but my car does not recognise the SD card. it gives error.
Skilss offline

Postby krteczek » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:11 am

F10

[Please Register or Login to download file]
krteczek offline

Postby DaveSurrey33 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:12 pm

Skilss wrote:It does not work. I downloaded the above and unzipped into a SD card, but my car does not recognise the SD card. it gives error.

It won't work like that. Each SD (and microSD) card has it's own unique CID (Card Identification Register) and the SdCard.key file on the SD card (as supplied by Ford) is unique to that particular SD card. You can copy all the files onto another SD card but it won't work because the info in the SdCard.key file does not match the CID of the SD card you have copied onto. Your SatNav will give an error if you try to insert such a card.

Therefore, you need to generate your own SdCard.key file that is relevant to the card you want to copy to. There is an Android app called FordActivator.apk (Google for it) that will generate an SdCard.key file for you, but it will have to be done in a phone like a Samsung that supports microSD cards.

You would insert a 64GB (or larger) microSD card into the Samsung phone, format it within Settings of the phone. It will format it to exFAT. Yes, you need a 64GB card these days as the latest F10 maps are greater than 32GB. Next, run the FordActivator app and select the microSD card. It will generate a SdCard.key file on the 64GB microSD card. That SdCard.key file will be unique to that 64GB microSD card.

You would then copy all the other files from your PC (except SdCard.key) onto the card. This can be done while it's still in the phone or can be removed, inserted into a card reader and copied that way. You should delete any Android folders left behind. You will then have a 64GB microSD card with all the maps on and a working SdCard.key file. All you need now is a microSD to SD Card adaptor (often supplied with microSD cards) to allow you to insert it in the car's SatNav card slot.

Tested and working on a Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 10 and also on a custom ROM on the same phone running Android 11.
I suspect it will function correctly on many Android phones that support microSD cards and many versions of Android later than version 5 (Lollipop).

Note 1: The microSD card must be inside the phone. OTG (On the Go) connections appear to work but they do not. Reason: USB does not support the command set required to read card CID information.

Note 2: If you wish to use a 32GB card this will be possible if you omit some of the language packs that you don't require. In the Nuance/VCA/data folder you will find the language packs for most local regions. You may omit to copy these files to your SD card if they are not required, thus reducing the total file size to allow for a smaller size SD card.

Note 3: I post this info here to allow users to backup there own, genuine Ford SD cards and also it was a learning curve to get this to work correctly. As Ford sell the official map cards for around £170 (in the UK), copying for your own backup and your own use seems reasonable to me but I do not condone the copying of such SD cards for commercial purposes and people that do, and sell them on eBay and Amazon should be stopped. Often these knock-off cards you buy on eBay and Amazon are of inferior quality, using cheap, slow and unreliable media and in most cases, many of the language packs are missing to allow them to use 32GB SD cards. Also, they can give slow responses to the map data and it has been known that the card can actually fail after a period of time. If you intend to backup your SD card, use a high quality card with fast data access times. This will improve the speed of your navigation system compared to other cheap, inferior cards you can buy from unscrupulous sellers.
DaveSurrey33 offline

Postby Nikos5757 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:48 pm

Hello Dave

i'm lost!

i downloaded all files for F10 MAP. i found Fordactivator with difficult and impossible to run on my android phone. The app start and white screen with some flash...

i try to find an another app, but impossible. I managed to find a method with DOS command: chkdsk, and the result is a CID of my SD card: 848E-2778

i find with other difficults, a genfordkey. I write my CID on program 848E2778, and he generate sdcarkey file.

I have copy sdcarkeyfile, and all other files map F10 and the sync2 say me that SD is error!!

i tried to copy the sdcardkey fil of my original SD car ford, but anyway

i tried to copy all file map F10 on my original card Ford, but impossible she's blocked in write

Could you help me ?
Nikos5757 offline

Postby DaveSurrey33 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:11 pm

I am not aware of any other apps apart from FordActivator.apk. If any other method produces an error then either the CID has not been read or as not been written correctly. TBH your serial number looks wrong. In my case it is ten characters long.

Anyway, regarding FordActivator.. There is something within the Android system called SELinux policy and by default this is set to "enforcing". This policy defines the security policies of your phone and all apps must comply to it, otherwise they will crash out. This is what is happening to this app.
Without going into too much detail you need to change SELinux to "permissive" to allow this app to run, because it breaks Google's SELinux security policy.
So you will need to gain root access to your phone and I would suggest using an older Samsung phone, such as the S7 or S7 Edge and root the device. I am not going to explain here how to root phones and install custom ROMs. You may Google that for more information and check YouTube videos.

So once you have a phone (with microSD support) and it's rooted you can install a terminal emulator app free from Playstore, such as "Termux"
In Termux you would enter (without the quotes)

"su" (and grant root access at this point)
"getenforce" (It will return the current status enforcing)
"setenforce 0"
"getenforce" (It will return the current status permissive)

You may now run the FordActivator app without errors.
When finished, re-boot your phone and it will be returned to SELinux enforcing.

I hope this helps
DaveSurrey33 offline

Postby BlueMeany » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:59 am

Fordactivator apk will only work on older versions of Android (can't remember which), you'd need to research.
BlueMeany offline

Postby DaveSurrey33 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:05 am

Not true as I said above
"Tested and working on a Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 10 and also on a custom ROM on the same phone running Android 11"
It may run on any version if you can achieve SELinux permissive
DaveSurrey33 offline

Postby carmad1 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:46 pm

I am having problems with the fordactivator it will not recognize my 64gbSd card when it is in exfat so cannot copy (D1_L2_0.mmd) as it is too big any one know what i can do thanks for any advice
carmad1 offline

Postby DaveSurrey33 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:46 pm

Format the sd card in a phone, something like a Samsung phone that supports microSD cards. Fordactivator should recognise the card. Then copy all the files to the card while it's still in the phone.
DaveSurrey33 offline

Postby BlueMeany » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:24 pm

Anyone found F11 maps for Sync 2??
BlueMeany offline

Postby cccvet90 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:36 pm

Where can I find FordActivator.apk? I google it and I cannot find it
cccvet90 offline

Next

Return to Ford