Primo on Magellan Roadmate 6235-LM by Mio   

Primo on Magellan Roadmate 6235-LM by Mio

Postby k1w1_123 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:34 am

Hi,

I have recently acquired a Magellan Roadmate 6235-LM GPS deice with built-in dashcam. I got it from a gentleman who has recently moved to my country from the USA, and who had no use for it here as it only has US maps. The dashcam works here but the navigation function is useless. I registered the device on the Magellan website and was able to update the (US) maps and software but could not find a way to buy maps for my country (New Zealand).

The factory navigation software seems to be Primo-based (the basemap installed is type .fbl and is recognised by other devices running Primo), but the maps are coded and impenetrable. I have tried the usual tricks to get it to run Primo e.g. replacing the device's "navigator.exe" file with a renamed Primo executable and copying the rest of the Primo files onto the device, but without any luck.

I have also tried to install MioPocket but without success - this is my first attempt at using MioPocket and it appears development ceased with the demise of the GPSPassion forum before my device was built, so the settings suggested for Magellan in the readme do not work on this model.

I would very much like to modify this device to use iGO Primo while retaining the use of the dashcam.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try next please?
k1w1_123 offline

Re: Primo on Magellan Roadmate 6235-LM by Mio

Postby chas521 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:23 pm

Couple of thigs here. First, what is the OS? Sorry, but I'm not really up to date with Igo since I don't use it anymore. I use Android Auto in my car. Try changing the data .zip and license file to a cracked version. Make sure that you back everything up first though. Also, does it work off a SD card?

[Please Register or Login to download file]
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby k1w1_123 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:02 am

HI @chas521, thanks for taking an interest in my problem :05.18-flustered: The OS is WinCE 6.0 and there is no data.zip or license file visible in the directories. I have just wasted an hour trying to post images of the directory structure but can't work out how to do it so here is a link. I have never done this before so I hope it works:

All the useful looking stuff is in the APP folder. I'll be interested in your thoughts
k1w1_123 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:46 pm

Not sure if I can help you. I've never seen a directory structure like that before. Try downloading a WinCE 6 cracked version to a different SD card and see if that works.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby k1w1_123 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:51 am

Yes a bit of a strange one.. Its all academic now as I figured out how to make it boot to Primo but bricked the device in the process! I noticed there was another executable mgnshell.exe in the APP directory so as an experiment I renamed it to mgnshell123.exe and renamed the Primo executable to mgnshell.exe

On a restart the device booted up straight into Primo but now without mgnshell running there is no way to get back into the file system as it is no longer recognised by my PC, hence no way to turn on the camera and no way to update the maps.

At least now anybody else who come across this thread has been warned :009:
k1w1_123 offline

Postby Techguy123 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:15 am

here try this its for the Magellan Maestro 3100 but it might work for yours too! assuming there is a reset button :)
Techguy123 offline

Return to Other Systems