Can not hear audio warning (beep) for speed cameras   

Can not hear audio warning (beep) for speed cameras

Postby EUROTEST » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:14 pm

Dear Sir or Madame,

On January 23, 2021 I purchased iGO EU navigation PMU/Europe NavigationPackage ($25.45) and EU Safety Camera Database ($4.27).

During first few months everything was OK. To that end:

1. I had audio warning (beep...beep...beep...) for „approaching“ Safety Cameras (as well visual icons for Safety Camera on the maps)

2. Guiding lady's voice was loud and clear.

Now, during last several months, even though I updated my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S10) in July 2021, and eventhough I also updated in July 2021 my iGO Navigation („Europe Navigation Package“ and „Europe Safety Camera Database“):

1. I CAN NOT HEAR AUDIO WARNING (beep...beep...) FOR „APPROACHING“ SAFETY CAMERAS (I still have visual icons for Safety Camera)

2. GUIDING LADY'S VOICE IS SOMETIMES VERY WEAK, SOMETIMES QUITE LOUD

I have quite high level of techical education, so I checked out so many times my Samsung Galaxy S10 cell phone's setting, as well as my iGO Navigation's setting. To that end I can confirm that:

1. My cell phone's volume for Ringtone, Media, Notifications and System are set to the maximum
2. My iGO Navigation's Sound - Voice, Alerts, Ding and Keys are set to 100%
3. My iGO Navigation's „Silent Mode“ is set to OFF
4. My iGO Navigation's „Voice Guidance“ is set to ON (sometimes, I tried to have it OFF, just for testing purposes, to check if an audio warning has appeared)
5. My iGO Navigation's „Speaker Only“ is set to ON (sometimes, I tried to have it OFF, just for testing purposes, to check if an audio warning has appeared)
6. My iGO Navigation's „Alert Point Warning“ is set to ON
7. My iGO Navigation's „Speed Camera Types“ are set to „Audio and Visual“ and „When Approaching“

So, I'd like to kindly ask you to help me resolve this problem in terms that I can hear again my audio warning for „approaching“ safety cameras, and to advise me on weak/loud guidance's lady voice.

Thank you very much in advance.
EUROTEST offline

Re: Can not hear audio warning (beep) for speed cameras

Postby EUROTEST » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:57 pm

Even though I have not received any reply, I shall write what I have learned today, i.e. I had contacted iGo developer and they advised me to do next:

In iGO Navigation go to Settings > Select the little arrow in the bottom right corner > Select Factory Reset.

After this is done, in iGO Navigation, go to Shop > Purchased Items > Tap on the arrow in the bottom right corner > Restore Purchases.

This was quite enough, I have gotten back my "approaching" speed cameras' "beeps"....

Cheers.....
EUROTEST offline

Postby kwbs » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:06 am

EUROTEST wrote:Safety Camera

These are not safety cameras but speed cameras (spcams).

EUROTEST wrote:Even though I have not received any reply, I shall write what I have learned today, i.e. I had contacted iGo developer and they advised me

Excellent. You have received a proper solution.

One interesting question remains, to recover and understand what caused the glitch - What did you try to do/change in iGO that might have caused it?
kwbs offline

Postby EUROTEST » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 pm

To kwbs: of course, these are speed cameras (check out the subject), that was my wrong wording, I do not know why...

Well, please have my excusses, I have to completely correct myself, since I DID NOT GET BACK my audio sound/warning/"beeps", actually I tested my iGo when my cell phone's bluetooth was OFF, and I was able to hear audio sound/warning/"beeps", MEANING, when I approach speed cameras when my cell phone's bluetooth is ON, I can NOT hear audio sound/warning/"beeps" on my cell phone's speaker, since when my cell phone's bluetooth is OFF, I can hear clear and loud audio sound/warning/"beeps" on my cell phone's speaker.

Of course, I need my cell phone's bluetooth to be ON for the purpose of communication with my car's infotainment system, to be able to do "hands free" cell phone conversations...

I contacted several times Naviextras Support/Customersupport and they told me several times "Your issue is still being investigated by our professionals and once we have a solution we will inform you about it". It's been months, but they have not resolved my problem.

Maybe you folks have an idea what to do? Thanks in advance...
EUROTEST offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core