Garmin Alpha 200i/k (uk version) + US tt25 mini collar   

Garmin Alpha 200i/k (uk version) + US tt25 mini collar

Postby Bnsfnord » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:11 am

Hi all,

Help...

I have a problem :-(
I have a new Garmin Alpha 200i, on arrival i have noticed it is the K version (UK Model) . The Garmin website states conflicting information. On one small area (one hidden line) its states only K5 and KT5 collars can be used, however in the pairing guide its states TT15 and TT 15 mini can be used.
Very frustrating as I cannot pair the US TT15 Mini I have brought (perfect fit for my dog) to the 200i K.
As i now understand (i think) the 200i k seems to be a UK specific version can not see or use the TT15 mini (USA collar) frequencies

Has anyone done or does anyone know if its possible to run the alpha 200i k as a 200i by changing the firmware or is it possible to unlock all the frequnecies on the 200i K ?
Or is it possible to change the firmware in the TT 15 mini to make it work...
The latter would be maybe the simplest option ie change the collar somehow.

Any feedback or help would be welcome before i look at how i can return the units.

BR

Ben
Bnsfnord offline

Re: Garmin Alpha 200i/k (uk version) + US tt25 mini collar

Postby yamenk » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:38 am

Hi Ben. Have you been able to make the Garmin 200 K pair with the US version T-type collars? I'm currently in the same situation you described above.

Unfortunately, I only came across the legal notice from Garmin after purchasing the collars from amazon [Please Register or Login to download file]
yamenk offline

Garmin Alpha200 + TT15x same frequency, different country

Postby Alpha200i » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:19 am

Where are we now with this 2023? Is it possible to buy a TT15x from another EU country and use it in another, given that the frequencies are the same? TT15x is forbidden in some countries and only the T5x without stimulation is available.

I can see that the Alpha 200i handheld unit could sense that I’m in another country. But the question is, does the collar? I this case only the collar are in the “wrong” country so to speak.
Alpha200i offline

Re: Garmin Alpha 200i/k (uk version) + US tt25 mini collar

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:21 am

Alpha200i wrote:Where are we now with this 2023? Is it possible to buy a TT15x from another EU country and use it in another, given that the frequencies are the same? TT15x is forbidden in some countries and only the T5x without stimulation is available.

I can see that the Alpha 200i handheld unit could sense that I’m in another country. But the question is, does the collar? I this case only the collar are in the “wrong” country so to speak.

Check out this thread
post183627.html#p183627
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Swedish Alpha200i + Spanish TT25?

Postby Alpha200i » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:02 am

It ain’t allowed to use electric collars in Sweden so I have to import one. As far as Im concerned, Sweden and Spain use the same frequencies. I think that as long as the handheld unit is in the country of origin, the collar could be from another country as long as the frequency is the same?
Alpha200i offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin