Installation procedure for Mazda owners with TomTom NB1 navi   

Installation procedure for Mazda owners with TomTom NB1 navi

Postby nickalex » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:30 am

Navigation installation procedure for Mazda owners with TomTom NB1 navigation (fuji).

1. Take an empty 8-16-32GB card (I used a 32GB Samsung).

2. Insert it into the car slot, close the cover, start the car on Accessories (or even the engine), wait min. 10 sec and press the NAVI button. Wait until the card initializes and the image disappears with the initialization, then press NAVI again and you will receive a message that you do not have any map available. Stop the car, take out the card and go home with it.

3. Install TomTom Home from the TomTom website, insert the card and it will be recognized as NB1. Update navcore, the map it lets you upload, quickgps and whatever else you want.

Turn off your TomTom Home.
4. From the attached archive, extract the explore2fs utility, put the card in the PC reader, launch the utility (with Administrator right - right click on it, run as administrator), go to File, select all fles, upload from SD from the folder loopdir the loopback.fs3 file. From this, extract the ttgo.bif file to the root SD.

5. From the attached archive, extract the TTActivator program - ATTENTION !!! Disable the antivirus program, including Windows Defender, otherwise the executable will be deleted. Run the executable as well, with administrator rights, go to the MapDownloader option and select nav3-fuji. At the temporary folder give a folder on the PC, at the destination, give either a folder on the PC to have a copy of the map, or directly on the SD in the Europe folder (the program first downloads 4 zip files in the temporary folder and then unzips them in chosen location). Optionally, you can also download traffic, safety cam, postal codes ...
6. Go to the Tools TAB and update to META.
7. Go to the Installed Content TAB and activate everything you find inactive.
8. Extract the patch from the simba file and overwrite the ones on the SD.
9. Put the SD in the car, turn on the Accesories mode and wait for the installation to complete. After it is finished, wait 10-15 sec and press the NAVi button.
10. GATA !!! You have an up-to-date navigation! Success!!

You can find the archive here:[Please Register or Login to download file]
nickalex offline

Re: Installation procedure for Mazda owners with TomTom NB1

Postby fredderf » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:41 pm

Nice job...moved to tutorials

:023:
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby KsGBG » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:43 pm

Dear friends,
Thank you for the uploads!
I have a 2012 Mazda CX-5 with a Tom Tom NB1 navigation system and I would like to install the 2021 maps for Europe. However, I can see there are a lot of files with 'Europe' in the name.

Could you please let me know which files should I download for Europe (preferably the whole continent but if not possible, at least the Balkans and Greece) and how to install them on the SD card, respectively how to activate them - should I use the TomTom Home PC application? I saw someone mention meta code - how should I use them? Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
KsGBG offline

Postby fredderf » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:06 pm

KsGBG wrote:Dear friends,
Thank you for the uploads!
I have a 2012 Mazda CX-5 with a Tom Tom NB1 navigation system and I would like to install the 2021 maps for Europe. However, I can see there are a lot of files with 'Europe' in the name.

Could you please let me know which files should I download for Europe (preferably the whole continent but if not possible, at least the Balkans and Greece) and how to install them on the SD card, respectively how to activate them - should I use the TomTom Home PC application? I saw someone mention meta code - how should I use them? Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Read nickalex's tutorial above
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby KsGBG » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:22 am

@nickalex, thank you very much for your detailed instructions!

Do I correctly understand that in this case I do not need to download the 1065 tomtom maps from the links in the thread I posted me question? In this case from where will the updated maps be downloaded and how will I be able to select the maps I want (e.g. whole Europe or only Eastern Europe, particularly Bulgaria and neighbouring countries)?

Also, would it be better if I use the original SD card?

Thanks again and kind regards,
Kamen
KsGBG offline

Postby fredderf » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:28 pm

KsGBG wrote:@nickalex, thank you very much for your detailed instructions!

Do I correctly understand that in this case I do not need to download the 1065 tomtom maps from the links in the thread I posted me question? In this case from where will the updated maps be downloaded and how will I be able to select the maps I want (e.g. whole Europe or only Eastern Europe, particularly Bulgaria and neighbouring countries)?

Also, would it be better if I use the original SD card?

Thanks again and kind regards,
Kamen

No, you don't need to download a 1065 map from the map thread...nickalex tells you how to download and choose the correct version of map from his instructions in step 5 above. When doing it, you will see for yourself where to select the complete Europe map for downloading.

I don't see any problem with using the original SD card but if you have a spare lying around, you could use that one to test it if you're unsure.

Btw, you can thank members by clicking on the thumbs up button (next to the quote button) on their individual posts
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby KsGBG » Wed May 26, 2021 8:41 am

Hi guys,
I followed the steps suggested by @nickalex but unfortunately when I put the SD card in the car and waited for the installation, the following message appeared: "Problem with map. You cannot use this map on this device: Europe-102883" ([Please Register or Login to download file] ).

Could someone please let me know what I may have done wrong and how to fix it?

In particular, I got some questions which were not immediately clear from the explanation (and which may give an idea what I did wrong):
1. At step 3, Tom Tom HOME proposed only one update to me but in the 'Manage my Mazda Navigation System' tab of the program I also saw that there is a prompt to install 'Tom Tom Application for Mazda Navigation System NB1' - should I install it?
2. At step 4, should the ttgo.bif file be put in the folder 'loopdir' on the SD card or in the main directory of the SD card? I put it in both locations.
3. At step 5, the folder with the maps on the SD was named 'Europe_1065_10738' - should I rename to 'Europe' only or something else? Also, I clicked on the traffic and safety cam but nothing happened, is this normal?
4. At step 7, when I went to Installed Content TAB there was nothing to activate - is this normal?
5. At step 8, where should I paste the file 'ttsystem' - in the main directory of the SD or in some subfolder?
This is how the SD card directory looks like with me: [Please Register or Login to download file]

I hope someone will manage to figure out how to fix it! Thanks!
KsGBG offline

Postby straumli » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:07 pm

Dear community, I am a new user of this forum and try to update the Europe maps for my mothers car but do not fully understand some steps.

I started fresh and inserted a new SD card, which the car initialised for me. On my PC TomTom Home updated my NB1 to the latest version and installed a specific (old?) version of the Europe card/maps, specifically 955.6810. It offered me to upgrade to 1070.10918, which I declined. Based on this I assume the latest compatible version is 1070.

I extracted and exported ttgo.bif and placed it on the SD root. Now when I open TTActivator I try to download the latest cards following the OP instructions:

But when pressing Download it warns me with the following message (..This map does not have a meta code available cannot be activated in TTActivator..:

I do not get if this is a user error or perhaps because this latest MAP has not yet been decrypted by anyone? Is it possible to generate/get the missing meta code so TTActivator can activate it?
straumli offline

Postby nickalex » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:50 pm

Use this map "1065_1038" ... has a meta.
You have card content in the archive.
Use "ttgo.bif" .. after your card and run the activator.

[Please Register or Login to download file] ... 5_1038_rar
nickalex offline

Postby rapcanin » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Since there is meta for 1070 how to manual add it to TTActivator ? thanks in advance!
rapcanin offline

Postby nickalex » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:55 am

Yes ... now it's meta at 1070_10878 Carminat

CB D8 B4 0E 09 E6 FD 04 13 08 5F DD 20 87 C8 83 Europe-102961.meta ; Europe 1070_10878
nickalex offline

Postby luis600 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:09 am

Hello guys I tried to update my mazda nb1 device but I am stucked. I followed steps 1-3 and when I insert my sd card with "loopdir" I dont get option to update my "NAVCORE" I just get some updates for languages and "Quick GPS FIX" please see picture below.

[Please Register or Login to download file]

This is how the root of my SD CARD looks now when done 1-3 steps (see picture below)

I dont now what I am doing wrong but please help me.
luis600 offline

Postby awojtas » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:51 am

I couldn't find a small SD card. So I took a 64GB one, opened diskmgmt.msc, deleted the only volume and created a new one 8096MB in size (8GB). Then formatted as FAT32 and followed the steps above, worked a treat on 2013 CX5. Ta much! (even though I'd previously allowed TomTom home to update the nav it worked great)
awojtas offline

Postby awojtas » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:53 am

luis600 wrote:Hello guys I tried to update my mazda nb1 device but I am stucked. I followed steps 1-3 and when I insert my sd card with "loopdir" I dont get option to update my "NAVCORE" I just get some updates for languages and "Quick GPS FIX" please see picture below.

This is how the root of my SD CARD looks now when done 1-3 steps (see picture below)

I dont now what I am doing wrong but please help me.

I didn't get the navcore update in TomTom home either but it worked fine ignoring that. Still do all the steps including the patch. Worked for me.
awojtas offline

Postby Detritus82 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:45 am

Hi Nickalex

i have tried getting to the archive, but it appears the link [Please Register or Login to download file] is no longer working?

Please can you help /?
Detritus82 offline

Next

Return to Tutorials