WindowsCE and Windows 10   

WindowsCE and Windows 10

Postby lostboy2 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:35 pm

Did anyone ever get a fix in making CE work in 10? I did try many a tutorial in line with no joy. I have this old Binatone U605 with primo in it. It always had an issue with the back button what is the software rather than that section of screen so now i have new sat navs for my vans i was going to use this in the wifes car but if i dont fix this issue first she will chuck it out the window.

I have now installed Virtualbox running Windows7. CE starts up but will not connect. Anyone shed some light, have a fix?

Thanks
lostboy2 offline

Re: WindowsCE and Windows 10

Postby lostboy2 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:25 pm

One last thing while i think about it. My other two sat navs are windowsce yet just open in explorer. How is that so?
lostboy2 offline

Postby BraydonMerritt » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:42 pm

Hi guys. Sorry for bumping the old thread. I guess I'm the only person who still has Windows XP, but I've finally upgraded my PC, so I'd like to know how I can get Windows 10.
BraydonMerritt offline

Postby BraydonMerritt » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:29 am

Hey there, no worries about bumping an old thread. It's cool that you finally upgraded your PC. Congrats!
BraydonMerritt offline

Postby SydneeMcclure » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:41 am

BraydonMerritt wrote:Hey there, no worries about bumping an old thread. It's cool that you finally upgraded your PC. Congrats!

You're definitely not the only one who still has Windows XP, but it's good to move on to newer software. To get Windows 10, you can purchase [Please Register or Login to download file] online. Just make sure you get them from a legit source. I'm new on this forum too, but I hope this helps. Good luck with your upgrade!
SydneeMcclure offline

Postby fredderf » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:52 am

BraydonMerritt wrote:Hi guys. Sorry for bumping the old thread. I guess I'm the only person who still has Windows XP, but I've finally upgraded my PC, so I'd like to know how I can get Windows 10.

You should download Win10 directly from Microsoft as it's the safest place to get it. You can install it and activate it later if you wish. If you've upgraded your PC with an Intel 8th Gen CPU or later, you will be able to upgrade from Win10 to Win11 for free.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby chas521 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:04 pm

One other thing that is very important, run a test to make sure your computer can handle Win 10. XP is an older version and the computers then might not be able to handle the upgrade.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core