RDS/TMC decrypted   

RDS/TMC decrypted

Postby deadbeef » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi,

Europe map contains all information needed to receive TMC in almost all european countries, without tests is very difficult to prepare correct file (mctx.dat).
Here you have file generated for Poland, which enables traffic from Destia. http://fileshark.pl/pobierz/10421688/044f2/mctx-poland-dat
If you want to receive TMC in your country write in this topic.

all best
deadbeef
deadbeef offline

Re: RDS/TMC decrypted

Postby deadbeef » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:02 am

Hi again,

I've prepared collection of almost all files included in Europe map, you can find there file for countries:
belgium.dat
croatia.dat
france_vtraffic.dat (alternative to originally enable ViaMichelin)
hungary.dat
ireland.dat
luxembourg.dat
netherlands.dat
poland.dat
romania.dat
slovenia.dat
sweden.dat
turkey.dat
uk_trafficmaster.dat (alternative to originally enabled ITIS/Inrix)

If you live in one of these countries, have tmc receiver and want to check if it's workin:
- make backup of your original mctx.dat file from sd / device
- copy your country file to sd root folder / device
- rename to "yourcontry.dat" to mctx.dat
- boot up device and wait
- report if goes ok or not :)

link to collection:
http://fileshark.pl/pobierz/10453708/275ed/tmc-collection-zip
http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/aEuvGHUZ/file.html

I'm still workin' with:
Greece
Portugal
Slovakia
UK (3rd service provider)

deadbeef
deadbeef offline

Postby deadbeef » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi again,

I don't know why many users write via PM and not here in topic.
After field tests I'm sure that, Poland and UK data is correct. When we complete tests for other countries I'll try to prepare one file mctx.dat with enabled all providers that can be used anywhere.
Reply to questions sent via PM:
?why test is not positive? positive test depends not only from file mctx.dat but also from signal availabilty in your area and your receiver,
- I have tested 3 types of receiver:
* with coaxial connector - horrible device, I guess that easier is see own back without mirror than catch the signal with this device, any dance with cable isn't worth your time,
* with mini-usb connector - good / very good device, with correct antenna mounting very good reception,
* mounted in-car device (tomtom carminat) - brilliant reception, connected to car antenna with amplifier, nothing to say,
?why file is not working in carminat? no, these files are not working in built-in tomtom devices (i.e. carminat), these devices needs other file format which is a little bit more complicated, when we complete tests I'll try to prepare also mctx.dat in that format (TX02) also with all working providers enabled,
?where navcore store providers list? each TomTom map in file traffic.dat have list of available countries and locationtables for this map, information is stored in simple format ABB, where A is rds country code, BB is decimal location table number. Example for latest Europe map is:
A01 - Austria
551 - Slovakia
D01 - Germany
409 - Switzerland
601 - Belgium
817 - Netherlands
C07 - UK Trafficmaster
F32 - France
701 - Luxembourg
225 - Czech Rep.
259 - Estonia
B01 - Hungary
951 - Latvia
C43 - Lithuania
501 - Italy
909 - Denmark
301 - Andorra
843 - Portugal provider1
842 - Portugal provider2
E17 - Spain
118 - Greece
C33 - Croatia
117 - Greece TrafficNav
305 - Poland Destia
E01 - Romania
D52 - Serbia
933 - Slovenia
338 - Turkey Bemobile
E33 - Sweden
617 - Finland Destia
F49 - Norway
242 - Ireland
C12 - UK ???
C10 - UK Inrix/ ITIS
deadbeef offline

Postby bigbloke » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:40 am

I'm really not clear what you are proposing here. Care to elaborate?
bigbloke offline

Postby deadbeef » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:33 pm

Tomtom in some countries offers devices with rds/tmc services available (Germany, UK or France and few more), but in others rds/tmc services are disabled. So for example your TomTom device with rds/tmc receiver will show nothing in Slovenia, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Sweden, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Ireland etc. even that rds/tmc service is available in these countries. Availabilty of service is defined in mctx.dat file - prepared files try to enable those services in navcore.
Becouse it's impossible for me to travel all prepared countries to check if files are correct I wrote this topic. Now it's more clear?
deadbeef offline

Postby bigbloke » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:50 pm

Brilliant thanks for that. Crystal.
bigbloke offline

Postby poshea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:50 am

Hi deadbeef.

I have a built in dash tomtom (NB1) in a 2013 Mazda CX-5. I can confirm the RDSTMC was disabled even though the car had all necessary hardware/software and there was a RDSTMC service broadcasting in my city.

I worked out that the mctx.dat is responsible for enabling/disabling RDSTMC. I also determined that some older tomtoms DID support RDSTMC in Australia.

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/8.351.go530-go730-go930.CAB-navcore-GO.cab

The mctx.dat from the above navcore is set to ENABLED RDSTMC in AUSTRALIA.

The tricky thing for me was the mctx.dat was located within the in dash internal memory... Not the sdcard. So the only way for me to substitute the mctx.dat was deconstruct and reconstruct the ttsysem file (used to update to latest navcore).

I was lucky to have someone experienced in Linux to help me do this. Once the enabled mctx.dat was substituted within my ttsystem file...I could place this file on the root of my sdcard... Then the system would install the altered navcore from the ttsystem file onto the internal tomtom memory.

This worked. I now have RDSTMC traffic fully functional on a Mazda CX-5 TomTom NB1 system in AUSTRALIA.
poshea offline

Postby Hamish » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:50 am

Hi deadbeef,
Where I live RDS/TMC reception is very bad, I need to travel about 20 miles before I get a good signal on ITIS (ITSIS?). So I renamed your trafficmaster file and tried; no signal in areas of Southern UK which give a good signal on ITIS.
Are you still working on the third UK supplier?
My device (TT 910) works well throughout Western Europe.
Hamish offline

Postby rich6969nffc » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:31 pm

like your style no rds signal in southern county please help :thumbdown:
rich6969nffc offline

Postby deadbeef » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:35 pm

poshea wrote:http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/8.351.go530-go730-go930.CAB-navcore-GO.cab

The mctx.dat from the above navcore is set to ENABLED RDSTMC in AUSTRALIA.

This worked. I now have RDSTMC traffic fully functional on a Mazda CX-5 TomTom NB1 system in AUSTRALIA.

poshea you have lucky once more :) becouse file that you linked contains mctx.dat in "normal" format dedicated only for PND TomTom devices, in-dash navcores use "marigot" format - I've tested 3 different cars (renault) and accepted only marigot format (normal format was ignored). I see that in Australia there are 2 service providers (Here and Suna) if you send me traffic.dat from your map file I can try to prepare file not only for Suna but for Here and Here/Suna combined.

all best
deadbeef
deadbeef offline

Postby deadbeef » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:24 pm

rich6969nffc wrote:like your style no rds signal in southern county please help :thumbdown:

Hamish and Rich6969nffc - probably problem is not with signal availability but with your hardware reception. ITIS is broadcasted by Classic FM (I don't know for sure which station transmit TrafficMaster). You can see here [Please Register or Login to download file] coverage is quite good. You can check this easilly - try to tune in your car audio to Classic FM and if you be able to hear station with no problem and if your car radio show rds without problems - so you are in range. As I wrote in 3rd post - coaxial connector antenna ( like this [Please Register or Login to download file] ) have horrible reception. About 3rd service provider - it's TrafficNav, but TT map have location table but signal isn't broadcasted via air.

all best
deadbeef
deadbeef offline

Postby Hamish » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:45 pm

I have the correct antenna but, even though reception seems fine, the radio hereabouts changes frequency frequently - most noticeable when advertisements are being transmitted.
Seems I'll have to stay with ITIS.
Thanks for your help deadbeat.
Hamish offline

Postby kewals » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:22 pm

deadbeef wrote: Here you have file generated for Poland, which enables traffic from Destia

Do you have file generated for Poland, which enables traffic from CE-Traffic (by Radio ZET) too?
kewals offline

Postby deadbeef » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:52 pm

no, becouse I haven't found any TT map that have any other location table for Poland than Destia. You feel better with CE-Traffic?
deadbeef offline

Postby kewals » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:58 am

In my region Radio ZET has a bit better coverage.
kewals offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom