Foehn and hirsch   

Foehn and hirsch

Postby 123bert » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi im a newbie so please forgive me if this question has been answered already and direct me to the info.I have a Foehn and Hirsch sat nav which although has no model no on it i believe to be a v3..I have read on the internet that Tomtom 7 can be installed on this unit but so far all my searching on the net has drawn a blank with regards to the software or easy idiot proof instructions and it would seem that links to same dont go anywhere.Can anyone kindly help and supply info or point me in the right direction?..Regards and thanks.Bert
123bert offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi Bert,
Welcome to Navitotal. Is your device a WinCE device or a real TomTom? I ask you this because TT is not very easy to use on a WinCE unit especially when it comes to map updating. Depending upon your home area [the maps that you need] will dictate your program more.

If you must have TT for WinCE here it is:

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Press reload or refresh after pressing thanks.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:21 pm

From what I have read (and you don't want to know the bad stuff) "Foehn and Hirsch" is not really an independent brand...but from someone who deals mostly on E-Bay or E-Buyer and rebrands units that were originally similar or identical to "Navigo" (not to be confused with Navigon). Chinese generic units that likely run a version (5?) of WinCE. They apparently come with various software that could be described as bad to worse.
Without knowing too much about individual models (and such info might be improbable to track down), I would suggest a version of iGo 8.3x such as from Chas521 or Fatboyfun. Anything more might be pushing it, and TomTom may end up being a nightmare.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 123bert » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:56 am

HI thanks for the reply through doing some homework prior to posting the question im already aware that these are cheap as sold on Ebuyer and W.H.Smith etc with bad software (Turbodog 6? )which is why many owners claim they have successfully installed Tomtom 7 and are happy with it. however finding idiot proof instructions on how to do it and a correct download of Tomtom 7 are eluding me.Im willing to try igo 8.3x and as the maps etc are installed and run from an sd card it wont do any damage.Who or what is Chas521 or Fatboyfun,are these members of Navitotal? if so how do i locate them and do they supply idiot proof instructions on installing onto the sd card?.Regards and thanks.Bert
123bert offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:18 am

123bert wrote:HI thanks for the reply through doing some homework prior to posting the question im already aware that these are cheap as sold on Ebuyer and W.H.Smith etc with bad software (Turbodog 6? )which is why many owners claim they have successfully installed Tomtom 7 and are happy with it. however finding idiot proof instructions on how to do it and a correct download of Tomtom 7 are eluding me.Im willing to try igo 8.3x and as the maps etc are installed and run from an sd card it wont do any damage.[color="#FF0000"]Who or what is Chas521 or Fatboyfun,are these members of Navitotal? [/color]if so how do i locate them and do they supply idiot proof instructions on installing onto the sd card?.Regards and thanks.Bert

Apparently, you haven't looked very closely at Navitotal or you would know that chas521 and Fatboyfun are iGO moderators. Did you read who wrote post #2? Insulting someone is NOT a good start. Take a look at the iGO forum, program sub-forum.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby 123bert » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:30 am

Hi, it is not a Tomtom sat nav its a Foehn and Hirsch which is sold by Ebuyer on the internet and branches of W H Smith with crap software which is why many owners have opted to successfully install Tomtom 7 and have reported they are happy with it.I dont know if the original software is CE5 or even know what that is.Is there a way of finding out? Regards and thanks.Bert.
123bert offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 am

Bert,
I gather that you want our help but I suggest that you ease up with the language and presentation in your posts. We are asking you questions because you didn't supply us with any specifications. How about a link? Igo products are Windows based while TT is Linux based.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 am

You'll probably find it's mostly similar to Binatone devices

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6936-Guide-to-Binatone-devices
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Tools & Tutorials