Looking for bootloader 5.5128 for Tom ONE/XL   

Looking for bootloader 5.5128 for Tom ONE/XL

Postby tascharres » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:38 am

I was trying to get a 16gb SD card to work on my Tom ONE/XL, but after doing a little research found i need this specific bootloader. Been looking around this forum and another but cant find a link that works.

Could someone please shoot me a link to download bootloader 5.5128? Thanks! :023:
tascharres offline

Re: Looking for bootloader 5.5128 for Tom ONE/XL

Postby biggerdave » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:38 am

Here you go:- [Please Register or Login to download file]

PS my previously written instructions in case you had not seen them:-

Virtually all larger capacity SD cards and microSD cards are now classified as SDHC and will not run in older devices without changing the system (bootloader) file.

This applies to all pre x20 models like the x00's, x10's (510/710), Ones & One XL's (that have not previously seen/booted from an SDHC card).

To check what bootloader you're currently using tap bottom/right of your screen then tap the "version" box where you will see the Boot number. If this is lower than 5.5120 then you need to change it. If you're already running an SE or other "special" navcore you've most likely got a suitable bootloader (5.5120 or higher) already so you can ignore these instructions.

The easiest way for you to change the bootloader is to copy/paste/overwrite the "system" file extracted from the attached bootloader.rar to your current standard SD card or internal memory and boot up once with that new system file then it will read your new SDHC card.

DO NOT just add this bootloader system file to your SDHC card and expect it to run. You MUST first load it to your original SD card or internal memory and start your device. THEN it can read SDHC's.
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tascharres » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:59 pm

Thanks so much! works perfectly now! :023:
tascharres offline

Postby biggerdave » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:28 pm

tascharres wrote:Thanks so much! works perfectly now! :023:

NOW is the time to do a full Windows backup of your internal and/or SD card memory!!
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Return to > TomTom Tools