How to get Sygic to work with external GPS?   

How to get Sygic to work with external GPS?

Postby billcoke » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:39 am

Recently bought a Holux m1000C external GPS, still figuring how it works. Tested on both Sygic and Mapswithme Pro, the strange thing is, though my Galaxy Notes is paired with Holux via Bluetooth, but these two apps still required me to enable internal GPS, wouldn't that drains the battery fast? I thought with the pairing via Bluetooth, I can disable the internal GPS function to conserve battery.

Please assist, thanks.
billcoke offline

Postby nitinule » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:19 am

you have to disable the internal GPS of phone. and then keep the bluetooth ON.. then when the map application will ask then choose Bluetooth GPS. I have Holux 1200M no problem yet.. works like charm.
nitinule offline

Postby billcoke » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:30 pm

nitinule wrote:you have to disable the internal GPS of phone. and then keep the bluetooth ON.. then when the map application will ask then choose Bluetooth GPS. I have Holux 1200M no problem yet.. works like charm.

I've disabled my Internal GPS but my Galaxy Notes doesn't support Bluetooth GPS natively.
billcoke offline

Postby meester » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:24 am

I have a working Sygic with Tomtom Mk2 Bluetooth GPS receiver on a Galaxy.

Therefore i used a free app from Google playstore called Bluetooth GPS, the one with the lightblue icon.
Just only a few prefercences to make within the app before it works.

My internal GPS is off, bluetooth is on; first turn on my Tomtom MK2, then choose the Bluetooth app and select the connect button, after this comes Sygic to open and it will show position within 10 seconds.:joyous:
Make sure you enable the Mock GPS provider setting in the bluetooth app and it wil work togetter well.

I must say this succeed after trying 8 different apps for the same purpose, to get my external gps signal working on Sygic navigation.
meester offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to Sygic System