Garmin nuvi 760 - Missing system software problem   

Garmin nuvi 760 - Missing system software problem

Postby elieiphone9 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:36 pm

Hello friends

I need your help please ,After updating Garmin express I noticed that there is an new device firmware i installed it by using Garmin express latest version . After restarting the device i found “ Missing system software “ error and the device not booting & the computer not recognized the device also i try to make hard reset no way .Can you please help to solve this issues.

Many Thanks
elieiphone9 offline

Re: Garmin nuvi 760 - Missing system software problem

Postby GarmanNuvi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:36 am

elieiphone9 wrote:Hello friends
I need your help please ,After updating Garmin express I noticed that there is an new device firmware i installed it by using Garmin express latest version . After restarting the device i found “ Missing system software “ error and the device not booting & the computer not recognized the device also i try to make hard reset no way .Can you please help to solve this issues.
Many Thanks

Welcome to the forum, try this first, before we look at other solutions like GarminCure3
1. Power off the unit.
2. HOLD down the power button and you will see "Pre Boot Mode" appear on the lower part of the display. KEEP HOLDING the power button down and the display will flicker, do this until the pre boot mode message disappears. This seems to take a long time (60 seconds at least).
3. Once the pre boot mode message disappears release the power button and your device will perform some activities to recover from the above problem.

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby elieiphone9 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:40 am

thank you for quickest reply i followed the above first steps does not worked for me .

I used the attached, and I did used Cure3 nuvi 760 (HWID 0754) and RMPrepUSB i followed it step by step .message the System software missing disappears, but the device stuck on Garmin logo .my PC can now recognized it as USB when open the Garmin drive folder is empty no files or software inside it .

Any new idea ? please help :022: :022: :022:
elieiphone9 offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:55 pm

elieiphone9 wrote:thank you for quickest reply i followed the above first steps does not worked for me .

I used the attached, and I did used Cure3 nuvi 760 (HWID 0754) and RMPrepUSB i followed it step by step .message the System software missing disappears, but the device stuck on Garmin logo .my PC can now recognized it as USB when open the Garmin drive folder is empty no files or software inside it .

Any new idea ? please help :022: :022: :022:

How to unbrick a nüvi
Most likely your nüvi is now in a condition to be recognized by your computer. If it is known which file caused the nüvi to lock up, it can be removed now using Windows Explorer or similar application. If successful, continue with step 3. If not successful, backup important data (if any) and continue with step 2.

Screenshot what data you backed up before you formatted the internal storage and what folders are on the device ,look for garmindevice.xml ,
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby red1c » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:56 pm

the updater not installing on pc any idea why?
any working link for the updater?
thanks

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by GarmanNuvi on Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link to Updater.exe
red1c offline

Return to Software