Garmin Image Unlock - gimgunlock v.0.04   

Re: Garmin Image Unlock - gimgunlock v.0.04

Postby LyonLee » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:12 am

I have downloaded the rar file and it does not work for me. I am using Win 10. It always com with a message 'cannot find the file'.
LyonLee offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:00 am

LyonLee wrote:I have downloaded the rar file and it does not work for me. I am using Win 10. It always com with a message 'cannot find the file'.

To use Gimgun to unlock just drag & drop the .img file onto gimgunlock-0.04.exe Icon/File
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby IchitheSwede » Mon May 02, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I've used this program before to put the maps in my older 62st and it works great with every map I have installed on my microsd-card!
So last week I finally decided to upgrade my hardware to a Montana 700i. And now 50% off the maps does not work when I put in the microsd-card :022:
Does anyone here know what to do to fix this? Is there any other program I have missed? I have looked for a few days on net now without any luck...
IchitheSwede offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Mon May 02, 2022 8:45 pm

IchitheSwede wrote:Hi everyone,

I've used this program before to put the maps in my older 62st and it works great with every map I have installed on my microsd-card!
So last week I finally decided to upgrade my hardware to a Montana 700i. And now 50% off the maps does not work when I put in the microsd-card :022:
Does anyone here know what to do to fix this? Is there any other program I have missed? I have looked for a few days on net now without any luck...

Your device is not capable of using Unlocked maps, a quick search of our forum gives multiple posts confirming that.
software/universal-firmware-patcher-for-protected-garmin-devices-t17987-990.html?hilit=Montana%20700i#p186182
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby gspears » Mon May 02, 2022 9:58 pm

The above download link sends me to bayfiles which trys to download an iso file that has explorer virus on it. What gives? How do I get a real download link
gspears offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue May 03, 2022 1:17 am

gspears wrote:The above download link sends me to bayfiles which trys to download an iso file that has explorer virus on it. What gives? How do I get a real download link

Just highlight the link & copy paste into your browser.
Post with Zippyshare link software/garmin-image-unlock-gimgunlock-t9369-45.html#p173055
Issue must be on your side.
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby IchitheSwede » Wed May 04, 2022 5:02 pm

Hi,

Lesson learned - will search more thourough next time. And thank you for the qick response, but my problem is that 9 out 10 maps are working, except one map. And of course is it the one that I use the most - TOPO Sverige v6 PRO. I have done the same procedure with all the maps from the beginning, using image mounter. But that one just wont work
When i put the card in my old 62s all ten works great.
Hence my maybe not so clear question I realise now
IchitheSwede offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed May 04, 2022 9:19 pm

IchitheSwede wrote:Hi,
Lesson learned - will search more thourough next time. And thank you for the qick response, but my problem is that 9 out 10 maps are working, except one map. And of course is it the one that I use the most - TOPO Sverige v6 PRO. I have done the same procedure with all the maps from the beginning, using image mounter. But that one just wont work

You don't say what the 9 maps are that work on your Montana 700i, give an example.
What is "image mounter"

When i put the card in my old 62s all ten works great.
Hence my maybe not so clear question I realise now

The GPSMAP 62s is capable of using unlocked maps
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby IchitheSwede » Thu May 05, 2022 7:02 pm

Yes, I know they all work on the 62s. It was just a comparison, but the maps I can see in the Montana is; CN Europe 2020, BlueChart North and South Norway. Topo Adventure Norway 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Last one is BlueChart South Sweden. A total of ten maps. They all work ecxcept the Topo Sverige
IchitheSwede offline

Postby TyphoonTom » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:35 am

Is gimgunloc available for Mac users? So far I've only seen it for Windows as it ends in exe. Thank you in advance.
TyphoonTom offline

Postby TyphoonTom » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:54 am

"Multi-platforms support - this tool is distributed with Windows binaries. But those who prefer to run on Mac or Linux platform can compile the source code by themselves."
What exactly does this mean and how do you compile the source code by yourself. I am very new to tall of this. I am trying to unlock a Garmin map (City Map Navigator for SE Asia) as it will not run on my Garmin Montana 750i having just purchased it from a vendor that claims it is compatible with all Garmin GPSr's. I also purchased a Garmin City Map Navigator for Europe and it works just fine. The error code I get on my GPSr is "Cannot Unlock Maps". Thanks for any help.
TyphoonTom offline

Postby TyphoonTom » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:57 am

The link no longer works. I am trying to download this file so I can unlock my Garmin maps. Thanks for any help.
TyphoonTom offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:01 pm

TyphoonTom wrote:The link no longer works. I am trying to download this file so I can unlock my Garmin maps. Thanks for any help.

I updated the link in Post #1 some time ago as that's where I thought most would look first :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

It interesting that your Garmin Montana 750i even reads the Europe maps as these devices have the latest Firmware preventing the use of unlocked maps.
Look in your garmindevice.xml for your HWID
<Model><PartNumber>006-Bxxxx-00</PartNumber>
<SoftwareVersion>xxx</SoftwareVersion>
<Description>Montana 701</Description></Model>

Check your PM
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby Eric37866 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:49 pm

Anybody ever get a link for an unlocker for garmin. Pretty much all the links on this site are broken. Everything seems to have been taken off the web. What gives?
Eric37866 offline

Postby oleg69 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:56 pm

The link above is working.
oleg69 offline

PreviousNext

Return to Software