Formatted SD Card and removed Garmin drive in disk managemen   

Formatted SD Card and removed Garmin drive in disk managemen

Postby aussiebryan » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:42 am

I kept on getting a notice for my Garmin GPSMAP62S that the SD Card was only 2gb size, even though it is a 16gb. I then formatted the SD card and I also removed the drive in Windows 10 using the disk management. I then did a factory reset of my GPS using the PAGE/ENTER power button then clicked YES to erase all user data. Now I don't have any maps & I just keep getting NO DEVICE when plugged into my computer. Not even showing the SD Card at all or the drive for it. Yet when I take the SD Card out of the GPS and put it into a card reader, the SD Card is detected by the computer, even though there is no files on there.
I have looked on Google, YouTube for a solution. I have written to Garmin on Facebook but with no luck.
What I would like to know is there a way of restoring the GPS back to how it was or a link to download the original software. What is happening now is when I connect to BASECAMP, GARMIN EXPRESS it just says they cant find device. I have attached screen shots of the problem and I do get the USB connected icon when I plug into the computer. I am using Windows 10.
[Please Register or Login to download file]
aussiebryan offline

Re: Formatted SD Card and removed Garmin drive in disk manag

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:21 am

aussiebryan wrote: I also removed the drive in Windows 10 using the disk management. I then did a factory reset of my GPS using the PAGE/ENTER power button then clicked YES to erase all user data. Now I don't have any maps & I just keep getting NO DEVICE when plugged into my computer. Not even showing the SD Card at all or the drive for it. Yet when I take the SD Card out of the GPS and put it into a card reader, the SD Card is detected by the computer, even though there is no files on there.

If you did this it sounds like you deleted the internal storage of your device including all files & Firmware. Please tell us you made a back up
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby aussiebryan » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:30 am

No I didn't as I only had two trails on there anyway so wasn't concerned in losing them. As I thought I could reset the GPS back to factory settings and everything would be ok, like I have done with a phone. Are you saying that my GPS is no good now? Is there anyway I can download firmware or whatever is needed or is that it for this GPS?
aussiebryan offline

Postby bommelb » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:54 am

I advice You to read carefully the information on the Troubleshooting page for your gpsmap on the following site:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

On this page You can click on "Forced Mass Storage Mode", you are entering a page for Recovery the gps. Maybe this give You the solution.
bommelb offline

Postby aussiebryan » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:57 pm

Fixed the problem and I now have a working GPS again, well I think so. Wont know until I go out and test it.
aussiebryan offline

Return to Software