Alpha 200i deleted operating system problem   

Alpha 200i deleted operating system problem

Postby jocaned » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:04 am

It happened to me that the device turns off during the hunt. After I turned it on, the Garmin logo appeared, the system started to load, and the home screen did not appear ([Please Register or Login to download file] ).

I tried to do a Master reset, but nothing happens with the combination of the Left and Enter keys during powering on.

When connected to a Windows computer, the device loads ([Please Register or Login to download file] ), reports an error that the disk needs to be formatted ([Please Register or Login to download file] ). Garmin Express does not detect the device.

When the device is turned on in Preboot mode, Garmin Express detects it, but reports that it does not support this device ([Please Register or Login to download file] ) and that I need to use Garmin Map Updater. However, when I start the Garmin Map Updater, I get an error that the Map Updater cannot connect to the Garmin server ([Please Register or Login to download file] ).
WebUpdater detects the device ([Please Register or Login to download file] ), tries to install the update, but reports an error that the file is corrupted.
Basecamp detects it in Preboot mode ([Please Register or Login to download file] ).
The data I read in Preboot mode can be seen in Pictures 6-8
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Last edited by GarmanNuvi on Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed device ID from images
jocaned offline

Re: Alpha 200i deleted operating system problem

Postby GarmanNuvi » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:53 am

jocaned wrote:Garmin Express detects it, but reports that it does not support this device

Ignore Windows do NOT format.
In Preboot mode on your PC go to the Garmin folder and make a back up of the garmindevice.xml.
Delete the garmindevice.xml or change the extension to garmindevice.temp then turn the device off & restart it this will create a new garmindevice.xml so if the previous one got corrupted it can help with Garmin Express recognising the device and might help fix your device.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Return to Software