I have searched and every link I get is dead
could someone please pm or post a link for me
Kimberly Butler offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Kimberly Butler wrote:Hello,

Im looking for branding icons for primo in 480x272
I have searched and every link I get is dead
could someone please pm or post a link for me

You can try these http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?3983-Various-icons-for-iGO-8.3-and-Amigo-POIs but I don't know if they work for Primo. The worst that could happen is they don't work and you replace the original .zip file. Make sure you back up the original file first.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Kimberly Butler » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:59 pm

thanks chas521, but those dont work on primo as they are..... I have been able to add some icons threw the data.zip file but not threw the branding file ... I have kfc & mc dees but would really like tim hortons and other coffee shops ...i will post my data.zip as soon as i figure out how
Kimberly Butler offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Kimberly Butler wrote:thanks chas521, but those dont work on primo as they are..... I have been able to add some icons threw the data.zip file but not threw the branding file ... I have kfc & mc dees but would really like tim hortons and other coffee shops ...i will post my data.zip as soon as i figure out how

Did you try going to [Please Register or Login to download file] and look in the FAQs? To upload a file go to [Please Register or Login to download file] and follow the directions. It's pretty easy. Just post the link to your upload here.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Good job doing the upload. Is this your data.zip that you edited somehow or is this the generic one you downloaded with Primo?

EDIT: Also try [Please Register or Login to download file]

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Kimberly Butler » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 pm

thats my data.zip i made trying to get poi icons... for primo only... its common folder and poi icon folder(/ui_igo9/common/) & (/ui_igo9/icons/poi/) has been swaped with another one i downloaded that had fastfood icons they all work and show up in search and on map.... i just want to add coffee shops

EDIT: i went to poi-factory all there info is for 8.x igo
this is my first gps its an insignia so far in one week ive hacked it made it sdhc compatible put on igo8 w/tts, garmin, amigo w/tts, primo w/tts, and run MioPocket 4.0 (8GB card with 6.8GB free)so far
Kimberly Butler offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:59 am

Congratulations on getting all those navs to work. It appears that you're a good technician. Which nav program is your favorite? I prefer Amigo with freddysam's skin but iGO 8.3 is right there also. I don't really care for Primo because I don't really care for its navigation. Also iGO 8.3 has a great deal of options and it's somewhat easier to modify. BTW, where did you get the programs that you installed?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Kimberly Butler » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks I hack everything I can.... I got Primo1.1 & Amigo from you (Primo-1.1-basic-updated-pack-8.5.11.168090) (Amigo-complete-with-TTS-no-content-480_272) Thanks ...and 8.3 from torrents (iGOv8.3.4.142975) ........

As for a favourite I'm not sure yet not enough in car experience. I just got this GPS on boxing day my first GPS :) ... I like Primo and freddysam's skin for Amigo as far as looks..

I find igo8.3 a little bloated in the menus and too much on-screen data ...I know I could make it look like I want but I think its outdated software and I couldn't be bothered....

I will still try to figure out how to add poi icons in Primo1.1 when I get time but its hard with a 1&half year old son

Thank you for the tips and software and great site (I would have been lost without it)
Kimberly Butler offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:39 am

Always nice to hear from a satisfied "customer." You really should have gotten iGO 8.3 from here http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1837-Working-iGO-8.3-from-my-device. I can guarantee you would like it better since I did some modification. Hundreds of members agree with me.

BTW, I'm sure that you saw my PM to you today. When you're ready, go ahead but also let me know please. I hate to tell you but the terrible twos for your child are coming.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Program (+data.zip+branding.zip+license)