Igo Primo WinCE UX utilities   

Igo Primo WinCE UX utilities

Postby uceanuaurel » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:07 pm

Hello.
I would be grateful if someone can share a good UX utility for "deleting the next waypoint", for WinCe, resolution 800x480.
I have a UX utility of this kind, but I am not satisfied because after loading a route saved in GPS (with waypoints), the UX utility deletes the first waypoint right before starting the navigation.
The utility I currently have is called: Autoskip_Next_Waypoint_Nk's.zip
Thank you.
uceanuaurel offline

Re: Igo Primo WinCE UX utilities

Postby k1w1_123 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:21 pm

uceanuaurel wrote:Hello.
I would be grateful if someone can share a good UX utility for "deleting the next waypoint", for WinCe, resolution 800x480.
I have a UX utility of this kind, but I am not satisfied because after loading a route saved in GPS (with waypoints), the UX utility deletes the first waypoint right before starting the navigation.
Thank you.
I use this utility and for me it works as it is supposed to. How far distant is your 1st waypoint from your starting point and what is the deletion distance you have set? Be aware deletion distance is in a straight line or "as the crow flies", NOT driving distance

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
k1w1_123 offline

Postby uceanuaurel » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:01 pm

k1w1_123 wrote:
uceanuaurel wrote:Hello.
Thank you.
I use this utility and for me it works as it is supposed to. How far distant is your 1st waypoint from your starting point and what is the deletion distance you have set? Be aware deletion distance is in a straight line or "as the crow flies", NOT driving distance

The first waypoint is at least 10-15 km after the starting point, the distance measured along the length of the chosen route.
The utility I use has 4 settings, which are as follows:
- Waypoints administration: chosen
- Waypoint display: 2x deletion distance
- Erasing distance: 2000 m
- Waypoint sound: natural voice.
I will try to delete the "save" folder to have "fresh" settings.
I was also thinking if it would be possible for the settings of this utility to interfere with another UX, because I have 10 installed on the device, which perform various other functions.
I would be happy if you could send me to try the utility that you use, maybe it is a more recent or revised version.
I am grateful for your advice.
uceanuaurel offline

Postby k1w1_123 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:32 pm

Hi, Those settings sound familiar. To change them go into the experimental features menu (icon looks like a brightly coloured chess pawn) and scroll till you find "manage waypoints". You shouldn't have to clear the save folder. Sorry I can't send you a copy of my version for a few weeks cause I am on holiday far from my computer. PM me if you are still having bother and that will remind me to post up my version when I get home late October

k1w1_123 offline

Postby uceanuaurel » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:36 am

Because the utility continues to work abnormally after I did the checks you indicated, I sent a PM message to remind you of the request to receive your UX version.
I have a medical condition with which I am in constant dialogue, and the GPS helps me optimally reach destinations for medical purposes.
Thank you.
uceanuaurel offline

Postby k1w1_123 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:04 pm

It might save some time if you could put up a link to the ux version you are using, and if possible list the other ux you have installed. There is a version of speedinbutton that I know interferes with other ux but I haven't had problems with anything else. If you are using a speedinbutton ux it may be worth temporarily deleting it to see if it helps. I can point you towards less disruptive versions if that turns out to be the problem. The more info you can provide the easier it will be to replicate the problem.

k1w1_123 offline

Postby uceanuaurel » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:02 am

Hello.
I inform you that I do not use UX speedinbutton as UX.
But speddinbutton actions are integrated in this skin that I use: gjak_1.09_P24_mini_nextman.zip
In addition, I tested the GPS function by deleting all other installed UX and leaving only Autoskip_Next_Waypoint_Nk's active.
Unfortunately, the situation has not changed, the behavior is the same: when loading a saved route, it automatically deletes (only) the first waypoint.
Honestly, I found this UX in my computer after a long time that it was unnoticed in the folder reserved for navigation systems and I don't know the source of its origin to inform you.
I am in no hurry to solve this problem urgently and I can wait until you send me your version, as you promised me.
Thank you for your persistence in guiding me.
uceanuaurel offline

Postby JmaCWQ » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:30 am

If it only deletes the first waypoint each time, would it help if you just created a dummy waypoint at the beginning of the route for it to delete?
Then the rest of your route would possibly be as you desire?
JmaCWQ offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby uceanuaurel » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:54 am

Thank you for the suggestion.
As a temporary solution, in the present I proceed exactly as you suggested.
But, I would like to try another version of this utility - if I can get it through someone's kindness - because the UX was not designed to work like this.
Thank you.

Good evening.
Meanwhile, I discovered the problem: it was the UX utility, which was wrong.
I found another version and now it works correctly.
I thank those who got involved in giving me advice.
uceanuaurel offline

Postby k1w1_123 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:04 pm

I am happy that you found a solution
k1w1_123 offline

Return to Program (+data.zip+branding.zip+license)