Adding a new map to Range Rover Evoque using IGO   

Adding a new map to Range Rover Evoque using IGO

Postby vdindyal » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Dear All,

I have a big issue with my car. I have an Evoque year 2015. Since i bought the car there were no map installed. For info I live in Mauritius which is considered as an African country. So i managed to force them to install the Africa SD card but since there are no Mauritius map it wouldn't work and would show a generic map of Mauritius with no routes. I managed to download the following files:
1. Mauritius_TomTom_2016.06_160719.poi
2. Mauritius_T4A_Rich_POI_2016.10_161121.poi
3. Mauritius_T4A_2016.10_161121.poi
4. Mauritius_TomTom_2016.06_160719.fbl
5. Mauritius_T4A_2017.07_170622.fbl
6. Mauritius_HERE_2015.Q4_160106.fbl

I copied:
item 1 to content\poi_NQ folder,
item 2 & 3 to content\poi_T4A folder,
item 4 to content\map_NQ folder
and item 5 to content\map_T4A folder
(didn't know where to copy item 6, so i left it unused.)

the above were copied to the respective folders on the SD Card. However when i insert the card in the car it will not show the map of Mauritius for any reason.

I will be very grateful if someone can please guide me as to how i can make this work please.

My best regards,
Vishal
vdindyal offline

Re: Adding a new map to Range Rover Evoque using IGO

Postby vdindyal » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 am

In settings i checked the contents and i noticed that the map file was there in red showing inactive content. i tried a tomtom fbl file and an igo fbl file of mauritius, but both remained inactive. I bought a map bundle where the igo map, poi was copied to the respective folders. i also copied all the licenses from the license folder to the license folder of the sd card, but that left the map still inactive. when i checked the other map, they were navteq copyrighted. any suggestions please....
vdindyal offline

Re: Adding a new map to Range Rover Evoque using IGO

Postby chas521 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:54 pm

It appears that you have a "real" program from the developer and not a cracked version so you can't use the free content on GPS sites. You must buy your content from the developer. Maps into content\map, pois into content\poi and licenses into license folder. Also, try deleting your save folder. A new one is automatically created the next start/exit the program.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Program (+data.zip+branding.zip+license)