GPS stopped working - Peugeot 407 1.6HDi NAVTEQ   

GPS stopped working - Peugeot 407 1.6HDi NAVTEQ

Postby JotaMonteiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Hi, everybody

I'm a newbie and English is not my native language so, if something gets lost in translation, please bear with me...

I bought my Peugeot in October 2010 and all worked well regarding the GPS. My initial sd card was form Harmann Becker and it became rather obsolete, so I installed an update - 2016 Europe and Morroco

(rneg_D_r20b_20.16. I'm not quite sure what this means - probably the firmware information?...).

Anyway, this Map version worked flawlessly till about last August (September?). I can't recall exactly when it stopped working, because I usually use Waze on my mobile and the car's gps is sort of a "B Plan" when my phone hasn't coverage.

When I long press the Setup button and go through the coverage menu and identification, it says that the version=4; there are 0 satelites and the coverage is bad. Already tryed accessing this menu and two other different places and it gives me the same coverage information.

In the hidden menu (Setup + 1+2+3 simultaneously) the information regarding the bootloader and other stuff ranges from 8.00 to 8.xx (not sure if this helps identifying gps specs).

Another detail that might be important: I can't use gps to adjust date and time settings: the option is greyed out, and my clock gets a delay of about 2 minutes after 6 hours after being correctly adjusted...

Also, although I can connect my mobile phone and make and receive calls, recently I noticed that the calls log stopped updating (missed calls /calls made/ calls answered). Weird...

What I want your kind help with is:

- Is the GPS damaged (hardware problem beyound repair)?
- What further steps can I do in order to confirm if its damaged?
- Is it a software /firmare problem? And if so, can it be corrected?

Sorry for the long text...

Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards,

Jo
JotaMonteiro offline

Return to Peugeot/Citroen