hacking MalSingMaps' mapking landmark map to work with PAPAG   

hacking MalSingMaps' mapking landmark map to work with PAPAG

Postby xoinx » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:38 pm

mapking landmark is apparently a hacked version of papago x5 and uses the same R21 format maps. have anyone tried to get the maps to work under papago x5?
i've been experimenting and can get the map to load by replacing everything except the Papago.dbp, R21_Q2_SSC.hdr & Standard.mb6. everything is perfect except that all F&B POIs do not appear in the search (they still appear on the map). all other POIs and even POI icons are present though... anyone knows how to solve this?
i notice that in mapking landmark, the category is called 'Restaurants' instead of 'Food & Beverages'... not sure if that is the problem. if it is, anyone here knows how to modify the map pack to correct for that?
xoinx offline

Postby tiuniama » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:18 pm

mapking landmark is apparently a hacked version of papago x5 :s016: Mapking, Powermap, Falome, Papago, gonav G8- all those software came from same mother, why need hacking map ?? Can u list down which feature of malsingmaps mapking landmark map more advantage than Mfm papago map ? why don't rather run malsingmaps mapking landmark map with Mapking landmark software than using Papago x5 ?
tiuniama offline

Postby xoinx » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:51 pm

tiuniama wrote:mapking landmark is apparently a hacked version of papago x5 :s016: Mapking, Powermap, Falome, Papago, gonav G8- all those software came from same mother, why need hacking map ?? Can u list down which feature of malsingmaps mapking landmark map more advantage than Mfm papago map ? why don't rather run malsingmaps mapking landmark map with Mapking landmark software than using Papago x5 ?

a few reasons:
1) mapking landmark doesnt run at 800x480, x5se does
2) mfm maps include maps and POI from too many areas, making searches slow. MSM is specific to countries so map size is smaller and search much faster
3) POIs from MSM feel more complete than MFM maps.

it makes sense to try to get the MSM maps to run in Papago X5SE instead of trying to change the resolution of mapking landmark to 800x480. essentially MFM and MSM are different communities and release their maps differently, MFM goes for a 1 map fits all approach. MSM has a map for each reason. For people who seldom travel out into the other countries, MFM is unnecessarily laggy, MSM serves the purpose just nice. i hope my justification makes sense
xoinx offline

Postby minhtrimobile » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:35 am

i tested , can work , but you should use s5se , mk landmap is not better than x5se
minhtrimobile offline

Postby penanghazard » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:56 am

so does mfm maps. we can use it on mp landmarks but pois search is having a problem...
penanghazard offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby xoinx » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:42 am

minhtrimobile wrote:i tested , can work , but you should use s5se , mk landmap is not better than x5se

do the POI search categories display properly? my food&beverages one is always empty... mapking landmark shows them though. that is the only thing that cannot get to work perfectly... any ideas how to fix it?
xoinx offline

Postby mamipoko » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:12 am

what is the file for 3d building and junction view?/
mamipoko offline

Return to PaPaGO! Discussion and User Support