Valor ddn-868w with gogo maps from engistech   

Postby masterbeta » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:09 am

you can use just about any unzipping program - if on windows try 7zip on mac try unarchiver

both free - and unzip/zip everything (compress/uncompress) just about every file format there is

:)

btw, any suggestions on the primo1.1/primo2 failing on this device? :)
masterbeta offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:28 pm

masterbeta wrote:you can use just about any unzipping program - if on windows try 7zip on mac try unarchiver

both free - and unzip/zip everything (compress/uncompress) just about every file format there is

:)

btw, any suggestions on the primo1.1/primo2 failing on this device? :)

I kinda agree about the use of unzipping programs but 7zip and winzip have produced errors now and then. Winrar works all the time. I'm not sure but I think there's a version for the Mac. [Please Register or Login to download file] So I would recommend that program. Now, what's this about Primo not working?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby masterbeta » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:19 pm

well - the igo8 works flawlessly on this device - it was as simple as loading on sd card and executing - only edit i made was to the sys.txt file for display 800x480

the primo 1.1 i extracted as well as primo 2 (for comparison sake) - i tried as is and 1.1 failed with "out of memory" error - the primo 2 didn't load at all with no errors - the screen showed "navigation starting..." then back to the main screen like it never loaded to begin with

then i looked at both sys.txt files and added the display section

then i noticed all 3 sys.txt files (igo8, primo1.1, primo2) were basically identical so i figured i'd copy the igo8 sys.txt over to 1.1 and 2) - and still return the same error/non-error messages respectively.... so neither load on this device "as-is" :)

i wasn't sure what else to try for the next step to get these to load.... i wasn't sure if there was a problem in the extracted files (like you mentioned about possible errors with non-winrar programs, though they all extracted just peachy - identical on windows with winrar and on mac with unarchiver) - or if it was a matter of the sys.txt

else only other thing i noticed is that both primo 1.1 and 2 don't have the 800x480 folder like gogo and igo8 do

any suggestions? :)

thanks in advance! :)
masterbeta offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Did you check the system memory division? Primo needs more memory than iGO 8, and may fail to load if the memory is insufficient.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Nicks » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:51 am

masterbeta wrote:well - the igo8 works flawlessly on this device - it was as simple as loading on sd card and executing - only edit i made was to the sys.txt file for display 800x480

the primo 1.1 i extracted as well as primo 2 (for comparison sake) - i tried as is and 1.1 failed with "out of memory" error - the primo 2 didn't load at all with no errors - the screen showed "navigation starting..." then back to the main screen like it never loaded to begin with

then i looked at both sys.txt files and added the display section

then i noticed all 3 sys.txt files (igo8, primo1.1, primo2) were basically identical so i figured i'd copy the igo8 sys.txt over to 1.1 and 2) - and still return the same error/non-error messages respectively.... so neither load on this device "as-is" :)

i wasn't sure what else to try for the next step to get these to load.... i wasn't sure if there was a problem in the extracted files (like you mentioned about possible errors with non-winrar programs, though they all extracted just peachy - identical on windows with winrar and on mac with unarchiver) - or if it was a matter of the sys.txt

else only other thing i noticed is that both primo 1.1 and 2 don't have the 800x480 folder like gogo and igo8 do

any suggestions? :)

thanks in advance! :)

Can you send me the link I need to download, there are so many. I have the same head unit as you. Thanks
Nicks offline

Re: Valor ddn-868w with gogo maps from engistech

Postby sany8899 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:26 am

Hi I like to install igo 8 if somebody help me with usa maps and instruction to download.Thanks
sany8899 offline

Previous

Return to Other