Update Caliber RDN893BT   

Update Caliber RDN893BT

Postby Livonias » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:04 am

Hello,

I've bought a Caliber RDN893BT doubledin media/navigation system with ;

Windows® CE Core 5.0
Caliber 8.3.2.121342 (Nov 24, 2009)

I would love to update the maps, but I have no idea which maps/system I need to have. Can anyone help me with it please? :023: I prefer installing everything on a clean SD card if possible.

Europe maps would be great.

Thanks!
-Liv.
Livonias offline

Re: Update Caliber RDN893BT

Postby katastrofe » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:45 am

Although it isn't mentioned in nabis list (program-data-zip-branding-zip-license-f83/list-known-igo-amigo-and-primo-wince-based-releases-t913.html) your software seems to fit in.
It looks like it's an IGO8.3.2.

You could try to just update the maps, POIs and other files you have in your content folder. Go to the IGO section, the maps subsection and pick a thread with Europe maps.
Changes are things will work out of the box. Or not, depending on the license. In which case you have to replace the program with another IGO you find in the IGO program section. MAKE A BACKUP FROM THE OLD ONE !!!!
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby chas521 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Here's what I would try:
Download this post137146.html#p137146 post #11. Delete the .exe, license folder and the save folder from your original and copy/paste the .exe and the license folder from the cracked download to the original.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Livonias » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:55 am

Thanks both, I've tried a few things, however my navigation isn't working at all anymore now :(

Getting this error message;

Previous instances of iGO 8 has not finished exiting yet. Please try again in a few seconds or soft-reset your device.

Also getting this with my (untouched) original SD card. I've only copied the files from the original SD card to my computer, as I didn't want to try updating on my original SD card.

Any help please?
Livonias offline

Postby katastrofe » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 am

Delete the save folder
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby Livonias » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:51 am

Does not work unfortunately
Livonias offline

Postby katastrofe » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:33 am

What did you do exactly trying to update?
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby Livonias » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:04 pm

katastrofe wrote:What did you do exactly trying to update?

It probably sounds stupid, but nothing yet actually. I've put the original SD card in my computer, copied the files to my local computer, put the new SD card in the computer and copied the files from the local computer to the new SD card.

From that moment both SD cards don't work. :009:
Livonias offline

Postby katastrofe » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:14 pm

I think the original sd is untouched?
Hmm, would be a strange coincidence but is it possible that the original sd and the new sd are now write-protected? Check it.

The "previous instance ...." error is or could be caused when you cut power to the device (usually by turning the car off) before the software has fully loaded. (therefor a warning: If you are going to work on the car either let iGO fully load or take the sd out so it doesn't load at all). Or it is possible that IGO8 keeps (partially) running in memory and won't start again without fully shutting down the device.

Deleting the save folder should in most cases in a simple way fix things. If it does not try this :
1. remove sd card
2. press setup
3. press next
4. press reset
5. start gps software
6. press menu
7. plug sd card back in
8. open gps software
9. click ok when asked to reset
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby Livonias » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:37 pm

katastrofe wrote:I think the original sd is untouched?
Hmm, would be a strange coincidence but is it possible that the original sd and the new sd are now write-protected? Check it.

The "previous instance ...." error is or could be caused when you cut power to the device (usually by turning the car off) before the software has fully loaded. (therefor a warning: If you are going to work on the car either let iGO fully load or take the sd out so it doesn't load at all). Or it is possible that IGO8 keeps (partially) running in memory and won't start again without fully shutting down the device.

Deleting the save folder should in most cases in a simple way fix things. If it does not try this :
1. remove sd card
2. press setup
3. press next
4. press reset
5. start gps software
6. press menu
7. plug sd card back in
8. open gps software
9. click ok when asked to reset

I can't press Setup on the navigation software, it doesn't start at all :(

katastrofe wrote:Although it isn't mentioned in nabis list (http://www.navitotal.com/program-data-zip-branding-zip-license-f83/list-known-igo-amigo-and-primo-wince-based-releases-t913.html) your software seems to fit in.
It looks like it's an IGO8.3.2.

You could try to just update the maps, POIs and other files you have in your content folder. Go to the IGO section, the maps subsection and pick a thread with Europe maps.
Changes are things will work out of the box. Or not, depending on the license. In which case you have to replace the program with another IGO you find in the IGO program section. MAKE A BACKUP FROM THE OLD ONE !!!!

I've tried this, however the navigation says "Invalid SD card".
Livonias offline

Postby katastrofe » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:42 pm

Are you sure the program is on SD? Maybe it is in internal memory? Can you explore the device somehow?
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Postby Livonias » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:09 pm

katastrofe wrote:Are you sure the program is on SD? Maybe it is in internal memory? Can you explore the device somehow?

I'm sure it's on the SD, as it says "Insert SD card" when I try to start the navigation without the SD card.

Can't explore the device, as far as I know.
Livonias offline

Postby Livonias » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:53 pm

EDIT: Ive renamed some files and it started. Only GPS seems not to work, but it's a start. I'm gonna test with it.

Even with a completely fresh/clean installation of this;

program-data-zip-branding-zip-license-f83/igo-primo-complete-torrent-t12043.html

I get the error "Invalid SD Card". I'm getting out of options :009:
Livonias offline

Postby Livonias » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:21 am

:023: Update:

I've got the old (original) SD card working again. Yesterday it was possible to start the (clean) software from the new SD card, and after closing the program via the menu (as it should, I guess..), the original SD card didn't say "Previous instances blabla". So for now; great.

However, to get the new SD card working, I need the GPS settings for my device. Does anyone has any idea which settings I should use to get the GPS working? It's not finding any satellites now. :045:
Livonias offline

Postby katastrofe » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:28 am

3 ways.
1. if you have the original sys.text, take a look in it. The lines "port=" and "baud=" are the ones
2. these values are kept also in the (original) save folder (in system.ini?)
3. menu-settings-gps, tap on the search function. IGO has a very good port/baud seek-utility.

PS: I am writing this without a IGO nearby, I might be not fully correct about the exact spots.
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Next

Return to Other