Sorting .mp3 files   

Sorting .mp3 files

Postby wozzeck » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi there,

I have an eBay Chinese GPS/mp3 player/DVD/BT/etc. I'm trying to figure out an annoying quirk with sorting files. Sometimes the unit sorts files alphabetically, and then sometimes even folders like in the photo below are out of order. I cannot find any attributes of files or folders that effect the way the unit orders them. I've tried stripping tags, stripping creation/mod dates on the files. Nothing seems to work.
Anyone seen this kind of thing before?

wozzeck offline

Re: Sorting .mp3 files

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Much like my roku streaming stick does with mp3's , it might be listing the files in directory order, meaning the order they were created on the disk. The only way to get around this is to delete all the files and copy them back in order, one at a time.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Re: Sorting .mp3 files

Postby wozzeck » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks for the tip. I tried removing all files from the USB stick, and then copying them all back on at the same time. The folders and files now seem to be in order. Cheers!
I'm going to keep poking around and seeing what I can find out. I'm not sure it's directory order, (when the files/folders were created) because adding another folder to the stick places the new folder in the middle someplace, out of order, not the first or last entry. Really weird...
Thanks again!
wozzeck offline

Return to Other