Phillips CID2680 Head unit   

Phillips CID2680 Head unit

Postby nwunsch » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi to all...first time post so be gentle :)

What i was wondering is if anyone has had luck with installing a different navi program onto a Phillips CID2680 head unit. The one one i have current installed seems to be a bastardized version of iGo 8 but with some other little bit of crap added in. I have tried for the around the last 5 hours with various tip and hints that have been posted in the forum but none seem to be working..unit either beeps at me...which it does if there is no navi card in the unit... or just sits there with the time on the display. I've tracked it down to a company called NNG that do in car navigation.

any help would be greatly appreciated as i would really like to be able to change the current software to something new.

cheers

edit.

umm so NNG is the company that developed iGo ....goes to show that i'm only new to this, but still any help would be great
nwunsch offline

Re: Phillips CID2680 Head unit

Postby chas521 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:40 pm

First thing you do is to back up your current SD card and internal device disk to your computer or another safe place! Then download my iGO8 program and copy/paste the igo8.exe and the license folder to your present program on your SD card. Do not simply overwrite your exe and licence folder but delete them entirely then copy/paste mine into your present program. Also delete the save folder. All are found in the root of the program.

Program: post130401.html#p130401
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nwunsch » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:47 am

thanks for the help..i will download and try that out :)

another question...can you upgrade to iGo 9 from 8 or is this not possible. Only reason i ask is that i want to keep the navi software up to date

cheers
nwunsch offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Updating the software is not the paramount issue. Keeping the content up to date is. Don't concern yourself with program updates. It's really not that important.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other