IGO which one? can i install on wince 6 car stereo? First ti   

IGO which one? can i install on wince 6 car stereo? First ti

Postby Foxylady » Wed May 31, 2017 7:59 am

Evening all,
I am very adapt to tomtom installs on devices, android and wince 5 over the years.
My brother has got a wince 6 car stereo brand name Erisien and as i have never ever touched igo software and not able to test as the stereo is not with me.
What version of igo do i require? can i simply put it on an sd card ready to put into sd slot on stereo for when he brings the car or do i need the car and laptop connected to each other?
I know igo is his best option, but i am confused about the different versions and how to install it.
I hate asking any questions as like to learn, but this igo and a car stereo are totally new to me.

Also can tomtom which i have 7.9 navigator, be put on wince 6.0 as i have ever only done it on wince 5.0?

Best wishes
Foxylady offline

Re: IGO which one? can i install on wince 6 car stereo? Firs

Postby jtrosky » Wed May 31, 2017 7:08 pm

I would recommend iGo Primo 9.6.13.405512 (Primo 2.4). Basically, you just download the app itself and then find and download the maps that you need. Assuming that the stereo uses an external SD slot for the GPS, you can prepare it ahead of time. There should be a post around that show the layout of iGo, but basically you extract the app from the .zip file and then put the "content" (maps, pois, etc) in the appropriate folder under the "content" directory. Really, setting up Primo for WinCE is much easier than a lot of the other systems. YOu don't need to "activate" maps or anything - just download them and copy to the appropriate directory. Hope that helps a little. Don't hesitate to ask questions along the way...

As far as I know, TomTom should run on WInCE6 just fine...

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk
jtrosky offline

Postby holyhead » Wed May 31, 2017 7:32 pm

jtrosky wrote:As far as I know, TomTom should run on WInCE6 just fine...

It runs fine (basic tomtom). The problem with WinCe6 is you need a prepaired route otherwise you got a" not enough memory" warning and can start TomTom.
So TomTom is not an option.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby jtrosky » Wed May 31, 2017 7:40 pm

Sorry for the misinformation then!! Thank you for correcting me. I always thought that if something ran on WinCE5 then it usually ran on WinCE6 without issue. Obviously, I was wrong about that! :-)

jtrosky offline

Postby holyhead » Wed May 31, 2017 7:59 pm

jtrosky wrote:Sorry for the misinformation then!! Thank you for correcting me. I always thought that if something ran on WinCE5 then it usually ran on WinCE6 without issue. Obviously, I was wrong about that! :-)

In principal you are right only you need an prepaired route that is loaded when starting TomTom. They used scripts for it and a prepaired route you can make with a wince emulator or another device with TomTom running under Wince5.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Foxylady » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:48 am

Thank you kindly, I have been looing at olde post from approx 5 plus years back, but can see version of map and os etc have changed thus i am not sure if they would still work with old instructions as links are down.
Yes, the car stereo does have sd slot.
I have been searching for the uk and ire maps, as i assume they would be like tomtom, am i wrong? as i only see europe which in this case i have downloaded Europe HERE Q1 2017, is this correct?
Also i am downloading igo primo 2.4-9.6.13 complete.

As regard tomtom, it was known back then that it wouldn't work on wince 6, as i love tomtom personally and easy to do, i have tomtom on my s7, cracked of course lol, but not my car so he can have igo and from what i see, igo has a nice layout.

I assume poi's, cameras etc can be added after? or are they included in the map currently?
Best wishes and many thanks for your quick responses.
Foxylady offline

Postby Foxylady » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:24 pm

I managed to install onto an sd card and put in stereo today.
All seems well, but my friend drove home using it and sent me a picture of an error.
He told me it appeared when he got home turning off gps on stereo.
It says:- PROGRAM MEMORY IS LOW, YOU MUST SELECT ONE TASK TO CLOSE, OR INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF PROGRAM MEMORY IF AVAILABLE.

Also i tried to use a tts voice by installing zip file into the voices folder but it came up an error?
How can i overcome these issues?
Thank you in advance
Foxylady offline

Return to Other