HITS HT6022DG for Hyundai Elantra, made in Hong Kong   

HITS HT6022DG for Hyundai Elantra, made in Hong Kong

Postby altamash » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Hello, I am from Saudi Arabia and first time to these forums and new to car systems. I just installed a HITS HT6022DG, Design is different but im guessing the same features:
[Please Register or Login to download file]

In my Hyundai Elantra 2012. The box said its made in Hong Kong. It came with igo nav and go 8.3.4.117940 which I copied and backed up on my pc. GPS software was on 4gb micro sd card and it had a lot of free space so I said heck i'll just download a newer version from this site on my 2gb card and use the 4gb one on my phone. I copied this software as it looked like the latest: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9656-iGo-Primo-2.0-Build-9.6.5.211211-(Dec-07-2011)-Torrent

Anways it was working fine, till eventually it started lagging and igo must have crashed after I reached my destination and it prompted me with a big "Turn off' button which I pressed and the screen went blank. I had to reset the battery to fix that so figured its a ram issue and then after a few hours, i went back to my main menu of the device and I see a WinCE dialog prompt saying that some app is using too much memory and my options were to close it (I think) or the use some of the free space on the sd card as ram. Now the funny thing is couldnt press any of those buttons with touch and the remote that they give us is only good for the entertainment menus. so I put the original back in the 2gb card with updated map and it seems to be ok atleast for now.

My question is if I keep running the gps on while playing or not playing music, does it keep hogging up the ram or can they run simultaneously. Im guessing my device probably has only 64mb ram. I don't want to run into problems like this and keep having to unplug my car battery just to reset the device.

Also while im new to this area, I am researching and considering making a naked igo software configuration which is dedicated to low memory system once I collect enough information.

Please advice which version of igo is best. On this website:

(although the whole design is for honda and I cant seem to find my particular car's design on the web) but it says the cpu is 468Mhz and 64Mb Ram.

Also if anyone is interested I can upload the data that came in the gps card for Middle East, just let me know.

Thanks.
altamash offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:25 am

Welcome to Navitotal. Link to your device is [Please Register or Login to download file]

Forget about Primo. It's too much for your device. Stick with iGO8 http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011 Fatboyfun or Yurbuh Tuggly will be glad to help if necessary.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:25 pm

You'll probably need to add this to your sys.txt in my download:

If you have a problem viewing total, you may have to add this to the sys.txt:

[interface]
resolution_dir="800_480"

[rawdisplay]
highres=0
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"

Also, don't forget to change 480_272 in my sys.txt to 800_480 or better still put a ; [semi-colon] in front of the line.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby altamash » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks, for now im using igo 8.3.4.117940 (that came with my device) is there much difference compared to the version you posted ?

Also I think I got the wrong box cuz the model number is actually this (HT 6211 IG):

Anyways thanks for the information.
altamash offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:26 pm

altamash wrote:Thanks, for now im using igo 8.3.4.117940 (that came with my device) is there much difference compared to the version you posted ?

Also I think I got the wrong box cuz the model number is actually this (HT 6211 IG):

Anyways thanks for the information.

Well, there's not too much difference between the versions. HOWEVER, the version that came with your device is probably a real program while my version is a cracked version and will allow you to update maps and content from here for free. The one that came with your device probably won't let you do that because of a license issue and you'll wind up paying for content updates. Also, my version has TTS [text to speech]. Yours probably doesn't have TTS. All in all, it's your device so you have to decide.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other