EONON issue when trying to start the NAVI application   

EONON issue when trying to start the NAVI application

Postby anaurath » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:14 am

Hi There,

I have an EONON unit which it GPS was working fine until few weeks ago.

It is based in Windows CE and uses Sygic as a GPS software. The way to start the GPS is pretty straight forward, you pres the NAVI icon from the main menu and the application starts right away. Since few weeks ago, when I'm trying to start the NAVI application I get a message in the screen saying "No application".

First thing I thought is that perhaps the SD card was faulty, so I removed the card and plugged into my laptop slot. From there I can see that the content of the SD Card can be read and it looks like the content is fine.

At this point I'm thinking that perhaps the SD slot related to the GPS in the head unit could be damaged. Any suggestion about how should I test if this GPS slot in the head unit is working or not?

Thanks in advance,
anaurath offline

Re: EONON issue when trying to start the NAVI application

Postby jtrosky » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:28 am

Just an FYI - I have a Rosen head-unit that I just sold to a friend (I got a brand new one for a price that I couldn't pass up) - so I bought a brand new SD card for the GPS app for him. After he used the unit successfully for 2 days, the GPS app would no longer start (would reboot the unit within 5 seconds of initiating startup - every time). I had him check the SD card for corruption on a Windows PC - no corruption (even after manually having Windows check for corruption).

Like you, I was starting to think it was an SD card reader issue as well. Had him buy a new SD card and load it with the GPS software - GPS app works perfectly now.

So my point is that even though the files on the SD card look ok and even if Windows doesn't report any corruption, it can still be SD card related... In this case, it was a 4GB SD card that I paid about $6 for, so we just decided to scrap it and not even try formatting it, etc. Like I said, this was a brand new SD card.

Try a new SD card first! :-)
jtrosky offline

Re: EONON issue when trying to start the NAVI application

Postby anaurath » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:53 am

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

I'll try and see how I go from there.

Cheers
anaurath offline

Return to Other